Video Chatting on the Droid??

Blsilva

Reaction score
My boyfriend is in the military and just got a droid thunderbolt because he's on the other side of the country and doesn't have internet. I spent all last night trying to research how to video chat with him. He has the Skype app, but after doing some reading, we realized it doesn't work and it's not supposed to? Are there any alternatives?

I don't have a smart phone, and we want to be able to video chat from his phone to my computer. Is this possible? I haven't seen him in forever and we are so bummed right now. Someone please help!

NickWBurns

Reaction score
Tango or oovoo work too. Good luck

Sent through a bolt of thunder?

OP
B

Blsilva

Reaction score
But I thought Tango and Ooovoo only worked if you have a smart phone and have those apps?

NickWBurns

Reaction score
You should be able to use them both on his phone through the app, and your computer, just got to their websites and check it out, you'll just have to download the software

Sent through a bolt of thunder?

OP
B

Blsilva

Reaction score
Oovoo didn't work. We both only saw videos of ourselves. Then we tried Tango, but Tango doesn't work from Mac to Droid. Then we tried Yahoo but apparently there's an issue with Yahoo Video Messenger working between droids and macs. There's a software update that should be coming out soon to fix that problem.

We've literally exhausted every avenue. We can't seem to make it work.

yiannis

Reaction score
I don't understand why so many people are having issues with oovoo, it works on my D1 running bugless Beast 0.6.2.1

bobotoimp

Reaction score
Join the club I tried all of them yahoo works but it constantly runs in the back ground, tango used to work but lately when I try and call someone it never goes through, plus its really choppy and the sound is horrible, video chat was a main selling point for my thunderbolt, I might have to go back to my rooted D1 until they get things straight.

Sent by the one and only Chitownbrez!!!