Video Chat thunderbolt to thunderbolt

dn0773

Reaction score
I have yahoo, fring and tango installed on both my husband and my personal phones- which are both thunderbolts. We both currently live in separate states and are both in 3G area's. We have tried using the three above mentioned apps and all of them suck. You either can't hear eachother, or like on fringe you can't use your front camera. I know Skype has a jacked up version out now... I had an iPhone 4 and had no issues... Any suggestions? This is why we both got thunderbolts, so we could see eachother all the time on the go... Not working so much lately. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
Right now the leaked version of Skype works best for me. Other than that you will probably have to wait for the official version before it gets any better

jeffly777

Reaction score
Try the leaked version of skype. It works great for me, too. Talked to computer users and another thunderbolt user with it, all using the front camera.

Might not get a lot of love with 3G, but it works like a champ on 4G and wifi.

Thunderstruck

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
+1 for Skype. Used tango previously but skype is better.

Sent from Tapatalk on Thunderbolt

OP
D

dn0773

Reaction score
How do I install it? I have the two apps from the market and neither have video

Suuperflie

Reaction score
According to Engadget the Android version of Skype is not encrypted and allows people to get all of your personal info. You might want to check into it before using Skype.

derek33

Reaction score
Hi I currently have a xoom an thundebolt an yes an evo so all of them do video chat. No offense to skype right now I wouldn't use it due to not secure an what I use on all three is qik it works great even on 3g. Also its in the android market and if I remember right you can do mobile to computer as well. You do setup a free account.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

derek33

Reaction score
The only way that I know for the iPhone an android is tango

Sent from my HTC EVO using DroidForums

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
Ya I think ur right unfortunately tango works better on Droid than iPhone an d all the iPhone users I know don't want to get another app

derek33

Reaction score
Well with the iPhone at least with at&t's you have to use WiFi an that is so not appealing to me an I don't think that's really a big thing that they really looked into. But with Android you have a lot more users an a lot of people using the video chat such as military while there doing training in other states. At least from what I have seen.

OP
D

dn0773

Reaction score
I thought qik was for video recording only?

derek33

Reaction score
you could do that as well and video share as well. I have used the video chat you just have to be signed up with to make calls aka video calls etc with other qik users.

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
Tango is so laggy lately its useless. Can't find good video chat

Facetime on iPhone requires wifi but at least it works

sent from my thunderbolt