Video Chat App -

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
Okay so i downloaded Vtok but my contact screen in blank, when i go to FAQs it says if your contact screen is blank then click invite .. but there is no invite button, just a blank contact screen, i un and then re installed it.

I went online to my goggle account and confirmed my bf was in my contacts and was live and online at vtok waiting for me, but he doesnt see me either, his screen is blank too with no "invite someone..." button either.

Hmmmmm.....and the quest continues.....

weird because i see all my contacts that have a video compatible device signed in. or a head set so i can voice talk with them through it. try restarting the phone and relaunch it, a few times it was blank and refreshed itself, if that doesnt work try signing off and back in again. works great for me.

OP
M

MelissAnnH

Reaction score
Okay so i downloaded Vtok but my contact screen in blank, when i go to FAQs it says if your contact screen is blank then click invite .. but there is no invite button, just a blank contact screen, i un and then re installed it.

I went online to my goggle account and confirmed my bf was in my contacts and was live and online at vtok waiting for me, but he doesnt see me either, his screen is blank too with no "invite someone..." button either.

Hmmmmm.....and the quest continues.....

weird because i see all my contacts that have a video compatible device signed in. or a head set so i can voice talk with them through it. try restarting the phone and relaunch it, a few times it was blank and refreshed itself, if that doesnt work try signing off and back in again. works great for me.

Okay, will try - when in doubt..REBOOT!

OP
M

MelissAnnH

Reaction score
Okay i rebooted my phone, and still I only have a blank screen, with 3 options at bottom, signout, help, search, I do beleive something is amiss. Weird that it loaded on your d3 properly.

Maverick0984

Reaction score
It has loaded on my D3 and the GF's D3 properly, we are able to communicate back and forth, as well as with a PC on the gmail interface. It all kind of works well, but there is a delay and quality is so-so. Might be better on wifi, wasn't able to test that.

OP
M

MelissAnnH

Reaction score
AUGGH! Okay, I can understand a lot of things, but how can one app load differently from one of the same D3s to another. Are there THAT many different build differences between each of the D3s?

I can assure you that with the exception of some Handcent customizations, and Battery Manager tricks that I have tried (including buying an extended batt, which has done NOTHING to get me longer then 4 hours, I have done nothing to the guts of my phone.

I have been reading all over this board and a few others just trying to get my phone right. It seems there are an extraordinary number of quirks with apps :(

Patience, Melissa, Patience, I am sure ion a few weeks all these apps will be running on everyones D3s very nicely.

Maverick0984

Reaction score
AUGGH! Okay, I can understand a lot of things, but how can one app load differently from one of the same D3s to another. Are there THAT many different build differences between each of the D3s?

I can assure you that with the exception of some Handcent customizations, and Battery Manager tricks that I have tried (including buying an extended batt, which has done NOTHING to get me longer then 4 hours, I have done nothing to the guts of my phone.

I have been reading all over this board and a few others just trying to get my phone right. It seems there are an extraordinary number of quirks with apps :(

Patience, Melissa, Patience, I am sure ion a few weeks all these apps will be running on everyones D3s very nicely.

Well, it is still very quirky, it works, but is far from stellar. I'd much rather have a more official app doing something.

You should have more than 4h battery life though...something isn't right there.

Freway01

Reaction score
For thos who keep asking why Google Talk isn't working on the Droid 3, I found
this on the Motorola frequently asked questions area:

Google Talk video chat
DROID 3 by Motorola will not support Google Talk videochat at the time of market launch. We are excited about the potential of videochat to enrich the Motorola smartphone experience, and we are working actively with Google and Verizon Wireless to enable this feature as soon as possible.

Here's a link to the page:
https://motorola-enterprise.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/69514/~/droid-3---google-talk

StainlessSteelRat

Reaction score
For thos who keep asking why Google Talk isn't working on the Droid 3, I found
this on the Motorola frequently asked questions area:

Google Talk video chat
DROID 3 by Motorola will not support Google Talk videochat at the time of market launch. We are excited about the potential of videochat to enrich the Motorola smartphone experience, and we are working actively with Google and Verizon Wireless to enable this feature as soon as possible.

Here's a link to the page:
https://motorola-enterprise.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/69514/~/droid-3---google-talk

Hey, thanks for posting that. I know this will sound sarcastic, but I mean it, totally legit.... I've been losing sleep over my FFC now working on any video chat apps. At least now I know someone is working on it. :)

dazoe

Reaction score
... and we are working actively with Google and Verizon Wireless to enable this feature as soon as possible.

AKA: Google can do it at any time just waiting on the go ahead from moto/vzw. Verzion doesn't want to enable it yet because data usage would go way up and are trying to figure out a way to charge us for it.