Video Chat App -

MelissAnnH

Reaction score
So far I have tried Tango, Qik, Swype and yahoo messenger video plug in.

I havent found any that support Droid 3 yet. One of the main reasons I went from D2 to D3 was for the ability to use my ffc to chat with others.

I am PATIENTLY waiting for an app that will support my phone, if anyone knows of one, please let me know - I am very suprised my phone was pre loaded with LETS GOLF but yet NO app for video chat one of they KEY NEW features of the phone??? Please let me know if I am missing anything.

I am NOT a techie expert, but I have quickly realized that just knowing the basics wont help with first issue smartphones, so I am becoming an Advanced Basic user :)

KidCuda

Reaction score
I know for a fact that Tango works, just tried it last night between the Droid and my Xoom. Qik disappeared for some reason.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Raptor007

Reaction score
The problem with all of these video apps is the same as the IM chat clients. You need to have the same service. What I would like to see is a video chat app that will interface with different services so you don't have to play random chat app everyday.

jimmydene84

Reaction score
I know for a fact that Tango works, just tried it last night between the Droid and my Xoom. Qik disappeared for some reason.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Qik disappeared because skype bought them....that's y Skype is on so many phones now

Maverick0984

Reaction score
I tried Tango with 2x Droid 3's and there was terrible echoing and "scratchy" sound w/ no background noise on either end. Doesn't appear like it is optimized well or something.

colbyb25

Reaction score
I just want to know why we don't have Google Talk video support....

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
M

MelissAnnH

Reaction score
Tango did work and projects video both on mine and my boyfriends Epic, however the audio quality is awful, high pitched feedback and we cant hear one another.

I was PRESUMING its because my D3 just isnt part of their app yet. He installed and reinstalled Tnago, as did I, same problems. THere are no settings in Tango for me to play with to help this. If anyone can think of anything, lemme know.

StainlessSteelRat

Reaction score
My D3 hates Tango. I tried to use it conversing on my XOOM and all I could see on each device was the picture from my Xoom front facing camera. I tried changing setting on the D3 and there isn't much to mess with there.

Am I missing something?

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
I posted a link in the Dinc2 forum for a working Skype video apk. Someone posted that they have it working on their D3. I'm on my phone now otherwise I would post the link here for you. I think the thread title is "working Skype video on Dinc2". Give it a try. I used it twice yesterday on 3G and was told the picture and sound quality were better than my computer. Good luck!

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Maverick0984

Reaction score
This is the thread:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-working-skype-video-chat-incredible-2-a.html

However, I can't get D3 to PC to work with that .apk. All the right settings and modes exist but when initiating the call with a PC, I just get a black screen where I should see video and then the video disables, if I try and reenable during the call, it immediately disables again.

Haven't tried D3 to D3.

imnotmikal

Reaction score
This is the thread:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-working-skype-video-chat-incredible-2-a.html

However, I can't get D3 to PC to work with that .apk. All the right settings and modes exist but when initiating the call with a PC, I just get a black screen where I should see video and then the video disables, if I try and reenable during the call, it immediately disables again.

Haven't tried D3 to D3.

I'm getting this, except it doesn't disable. I just get a black screen that stays.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I posted a link in the Dinc2 forum for a working Skype video apk. Someone posted that they have it working on their D3. I'm on my phone now otherwise I would post the link here for you. I think the thread title is "working Skype video on Dinc2". Give it a try. I used it twice yesterday on 3G and was told the picture and sound quality were better than my computer. Good luck!

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

I installed it on my Droid 3 and tested it out with someone on a PC. I can see the video of them on my phone, but the camera on the Droid 3 never starts up. They don't see me, and I don't see me in the corner. Audio seems to work, just no video.

I also installed it on my Thrive, but it crashes every time I try to sign in.

OP
M

MelissAnnH

Reaction score
I will try the vtok and post my results. Of all the different features I have been reading about it really seems the videochat apps, garner the most differences. We all seem to have different failures, but none of us seem to be having consistent success.

The app I need is one to vc with a Sprint Epic :)

OP
M

MelissAnnH

Reaction score
Okay so i downloaded Vtok but my contact screen in blank, when i go to FAQs it says if your contact screen is blank then click invite .. but there is no invite button, just a blank contact screen, i un and then re installed it.

I went online to my goggle account and confirmed my bf was in my contacts and was live and online at vtok waiting for me, but he doesnt see me either, his screen is blank too with no "invite someone..." button either.

Hmmmmm.....and the quest continues.....