Video Camera Zoom

Alster2005

Reaction score
Is there another video camera app that can zoom? The stock one doesn't. Just the camera does.

yotsume

Reaction score
Yea is there no zoom for video? Even my crap all phone was able to do that. :icon_eek:

hacku

Reaction score
I think they stayed away from the zoom to keep the DVD quality of video.

I too would love to see an app with the zoom capability even if the quality drops.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think they stayed away from the zoom to keep the DVD quality of video.

I too would love to see an app with the zoom capability even if the quality drops.
That makes sense and it doesn't. Should leave it to the user to decide whether zoom is more important at the time than DVD quality. I personally LOVE the quality but at times, would give some up for quality.

hacku

Reaction score
All we can do is cross our fingers and hope someone comes up with a video camera app to fix that then... ;)

Unitic

Reaction score
I'm a newbie here, but isn't a digital zoom, as opposed to an optical zoom, just a digital magnification? You can do the same thing by cropping the photo, I think.

OP
Alster2005

Alster2005

Reaction score
video zoom

Yea that will work with the camera. You can just crop the photo. The droid will also zoom just for pictures. Just not video. Like the other people said, I love the quality of the videos. There are times I would give that up for some zoom capabilities. I have a cheap video Polaroid recorder, and that will even zoom, but the quality does go down quick. I work offshore on a boat, and there are a lot of times I really wish I had the zoom. For now I will just have to use my cheap recorder.

OP
Alster2005

Alster2005

Reaction score
video zoom

I found it on the market but it says it is just a wallpaper app. How does that work as a camera zoom?

OP
Alster2005

Alster2005

Reaction score
still dont get it?

How does this program do video zoom? It just looks like a wallpaper app.