Video calling?

newb

Reaction score
In the top right corner on the front of my Milestone, just to the left and above the lovely multi-coloured LED, there is what I swear looks like a forward facing camera. It has the lens, and everything.

However; I've been unable to find anything related to video calling at all. Whether it be in Google Talk, the phone itself, or anything else. Is this actually a feature, or is there simply a lens on the front of the phone to confuse people?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm feeling lonely and need the gratification of having a semi-useless question answered. Cheers :)

OP
N

newb

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response... I'm guessing the lens looking device on the front isn't, in fact, a lens at all then?

Fraxinus

Reaction score
I'm guessing you're looking at the proximity sensor. It's used to detect whether or not the phone is against your face to auto-off the display. I believe the ambient light sensor is in that array as well but I'm not positive.

jhkang

Reaction score
You can try downloading knocking live video beta. Its a video calling app.

AlexSB

Reaction score
What app is everyone using to get their video chat on? Right now I'm using Tango, while it could use a lot more work, it does work. I wish they would jus bring over facetime lol even if it was for cross platform use only.

This thread has been struck by THUNDER...lightning?

AlexSB

Reaction score
The only thing about Tango that I don't like is the audio quality sometimes I can see the person moving their lips but can't hear what their saying or it comes really late...its like watching an Asian film dubbed over lol

Thing about yahoo messenger is I think both parties have to be logged in to use it, you can't just call like with Tango.

kparks

Reaction score
The only thing about Tango that I don't like is the audio quality sometimes I can see the person moving their lips but can't hear what their saying or it comes really late...its like watching an Asian film dubbed over lol

Thing about yahoo messenger is I think both parties have to be logged in to use it, you can't just call like with Tango.

LOL thats what i was thinking everytime i do it i think of kung pow enter the fist HAHA

AlexSB

Reaction score
Lmao that movie is hilarious but I do member seeing something that cracked me up more than that...ill let you kno when I member the name of the movie lol I am a fan of those crouching tiger hidden dragon, iron monkey, hero, casshern types of movies though no lie

kparks

Reaction score
Lmao that movie is hilarious but I do member seeing something that cracked me up more than that...ill let you kno when I member the name of the movie lol I am a fan of those crouching tiger hidden dragon, iron monkey, hero, casshern types of movies though no lie

not to get to far off topic but i love old dubbed kung fu flix shaolin vs lama, 5 deadly venoms, 10 tiger from kwangtung,iron flag, and so on and kung pow is the funniest thing i ever seen ive seen that move over 100 times yea OVER 100... thats almost OVER 9000 haha couldnt help myself but its still as funny as the first time!

AlexSB

Reaction score
I deff gotta check those movie out, fearless was another good movie by jet Li and ive always wanted to watch Three Kingdoms. Have you seen War with jet Li and The Transporter guy? Interesting movie.

But yea bad audio quality on Tango lol

AWESOMEbolt

kparks

Reaction score
I deff gotta check those movie out, fearless was another good movie by jet Li and ive always wanted to watch Three Kingdoms. Have you seen War with jet Li and The Transporter guy? Interesting movie.

But yea bad audio quality on Tango lol

AWESOMEbolt
PM me some movie to watch lol ive seen fearless several times