Video App Question

MrCapcom

Reaction score
Is there a app that would make it so I can view my shared items on my network? ATM I'm using windows media and I have it set to share to any device on my network, so I can stream video to like my xbox 360 and my ps3. Is there anyway I can (of course when im at home) view the videos on my computer and play them thru the network?

OP
MrCapcom

MrCapcom

Reaction score
I figure it would be something that could do it ^_^

OP
MrCapcom

MrCapcom

Reaction score
lol gnote? I basically want to browse my network and watch videos while over wifi I think orb will do it but I was looking for something that would work with my existing windows media player library

D

dvdcatalyst

Is there a app that would make it so I can view my shared items on my network? ATM I'm using windows media and I have it set to share to any device on my network, so I can stream video to like my xbox 360 and my ps3. Is there anyway I can (of course when im at home) view the videos on my computer and play them thru the network?

Not sure about the gnote comment either, but if your files are not mp4's you will have to use some streaming solution that converts on the fly. Orb will do that, so basically point that to your shared files, and you should be ok.
ANother option is to use something like Slingbox player (not sure how far they are with an android app for it) which basically lets you access whatever video-out device you have connected to it, but you need to get a slingbox device as well.

Orb would be the easiest to do imho

OP
MrCapcom

MrCapcom

Reaction score
I believe that Window Media converts them to wmv on the fly. I might try orb but I really just want to stream on my local wifi not looking to be watching stuff over the net lol

D

dvdcatalyst

I believe that Window Media converts them to wmv on the fly. I might try orb but I really just want to stream on my local wifi not looking to be watching stuff over the net lol

Orb will work over your local network as well. You can even boost the quality a bit more.
If you want your droid-optimized files to work, you should be able to just install a web-server, point the root dir to your media folder, and you can browse then too.
It would work similar to the files in my trailer-thread.

NastyNate08

Reaction score
If your talking from Droid to.... where ever

There is a Beta App call UStream Broadcast, check it out let me know how it works.

Currently I don't have any reason to broadcast/upload streaming videos at the time, so I do not personally have that app on my droid