[video]Android-Laptop below $100

Royal2000H

Reaction score
600 MHz processor. Cmon, it's a small laptop.... they could have done better.

dawningmoment

Reaction score
The concept is great and I don't want to knock it but it seems to me to be a giant droid without big red or a touch screen.That processor isn't so hot for a laptop.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i want one sign me up!!

MannyPR

Reaction score
No android market in any of these tablets/netbooks is the real dealbreaker for me. Until Google creates a certification process for those is kind of pointless.

Blitz

Reaction score
If I can take notes on this, I'm getting it for school! Google docs, perhaps?

Royal2000H

Reaction score
600 MHz processor. Cmon, it's a small laptop.... they could have done better.

Because I'm lazy I am just going to say do some research on CPU speeds. "Speed" is only a small part of the equation a much bigger part is how much data/instructions is moved through the CPU per cycle.
Still the RK2808 600mhz ARM926 processor is weak for a laptop.

You're better off spending the extra bucks for an Ubuntu or Windows netbook.

patriot839

Reaction score
This thing is junk u will get what you pay for so I hope for Google's and androids sake long term reputation this thing should never hit the market

SteveC

Reaction score
REDFLY - Companion

This outfit is supposed to have developed android drivers for this. It already works with Windows Mobile, Symbian, and Blackberry. Just a screen, keyboard, 8 hr battery and a couple of usb ports. Tether your droid and it is essentially your Droid on a bigger 8" screen with a keyboad. With a rooted droid OC to 1 ghz and flash when it comes out there is a real mini-laptop it seems to me. Anyway I like the looks of it.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
That looks like a nice little laptop...I wouldn't care to have one

I'd love to have some sort of tablet that ran Android....and not like the cheap looking Android tablets that are out there, I mean like something super cool and advanced like the iPad but Android's version

Droid101

Reaction score
That looks like a nice little laptop...I wouldn't care to have one

I'd love to have some sort of tablet that ran Android....and not like the cheap looking Android tablets that are out there, I mean like something super cool and advanced like the iPad but Android's version

The Ipad is just a very large Ipod Touch nothing different or new to it. I am not a fan of the ipad:icon_evil: