[video]Android-Laptop below $100

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yea, but this would be WITHOUT contract, cuz it has no mobile network on it (as far as i could read from the specs) so it would be WiFi only.

and supporting the good OS is a good shot as well

And that's the big difference between a notebook and this device. If there is no contract and works strictly off of wifi, it's a great deal.

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nice! I'm not sure how i feel about using Android as an everyday computing OS at it's current state, but still nice to see computers like this!

R1Lover

Reaction score
If your looking for a very nice cough surfer... I bought a Leveno S10 a year ago, just installed win 7 on it the other day and the thing works very well. I paid 249.00 for it and for that price you have everything you have in a normal laptop.

I would rather pay the extra 50 bucks and have winblows for surfing actually... (flash etc)

OP
RinTinTigger

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
If your looking for a very nice cough surfer... I bought a Leveno S10 a year ago, just installed win 7 on it the other day and the thing works very well. I paid 249.00 for it and for that price you have everything you have in a normal laptop.

I would rather pay the extra 50 bucks and have winblows for surfing actually... (flash etc)

Flash is on its way to android, and the OS is good so far!

Raeuber

Reaction score
I looked up this device and it says that it has been around for over a year. Does it usually take this long to reach the market? Or is nobody biting to distribute this thing?

R1Lover

Reaction score

Flash is on its way to android, and the OS is good so far!

ya for sure.... but there are many other things that win7 can do that you can't on android. I'm not knocking android at all, but it's really not something I would run on a laptop.netbook as it's too limited on what it can do.

pandroid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
id love to see that thing overclocked, but they coulda threw in a little extra ram

is it just me... why would you want android on a computer? just give me a slackware cd

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
that $100 price point came from last year... and the article stated that the end user could see a price less than $100 when released :)

cabotcat

Reaction score
Interesting product. While it may not appeal to all I definitely see a market for this item. Caveat of course is pricing. If the retail price approaches that of a netbook it could limit the pool of potential customers.

_33

Reaction score
I would grab one! Could you tether it from a Droid?

On a side note, was that cousin Balki doing that video?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
looks nice another nice device made by archos is the archos 5 and 7

ARCHOS

runs android