Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Heh, have you run miui before? Its nothing against the dev, the rom itself is just flawed. Every iteration I have tried of it has several critical errors. Not sure if they are from being lost in translation or what.

I've ran it on my DX. It was pretty stable. Liked the themes.

x25064

Reaction score
I've ran it on my DX. It was pretty stable. Liked the themes.

When I ran it it on my DX it randomly dropped all signal and wouldn't get service til I pulled the battery. The camera app would also bug out and reboot the phone. The launcher was sluggish and everything lagged horridly.

On my D1, well it'd be quicker to tell you what worked.

Last edited:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I flashed this earlier today, so far, so good - when I get home I'll be able to give it a better run through :)

Kaos2flo

Reaction score
For sure don't use the themes. I tried it and it turned my whole screen into the softkeys. LMAO. Had to factory reset to fix. But definitely fix the themes please!!!

cancerousbull

Reaction score
i had miui on my droid x and loved it. now i want some on my GN. im running bugless now, can i flash right over bugless? Silly question as well how do i know if im cdma or gsm?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
i had miui on my droid x and loved it. now i want some on my GN. im running bugless now, can i flash right over bugless? Silly question as well how do i know if im cdma or gsm?

I would wipe before flashing this ROM - CDMA is Verizon, GSM is European and Canadian carriers

cancerousbull

Reaction score
any word on when we might be able to customize our phones, that was on of the things i loved about this rom. it seems like no themes work, cant even customize the lock screen... oh well the work put into thus far is awesome and i cant wait for updates. speaking of, will the updates be avaliable thru CWM?

Kaos2flo

Reaction score
Can't wait for the next weekly update!!! This rom is awesome. But would be better with themes enabled.

vyruz1986

Reaction score
Been using this ROM since last Friday and I absolutely love it!
Loosing MIUI was one of my biggest gripes since I changed my trusty old HTC Desire Z for my Samsung Gnex, but this is now solved!!!

I do have a couple of questions though:
- Flashing other kernels (I tried this one) doesn't seem to work, is this a complete no-no or something that can be fixed relatively easy?
- Can anyone confirm NFC is working? I have some RFID tags but they stopped working ever since I went to 4.0.3 (EaglesBlood ROM)
- This ROM seems to crash when listening to audio... I use my phone in my car on my daily commute, and either when listening to spotify or beyondpod (for podcasts) the phone will reboot at random times. Not a complete reboot though, the white 'Google' text doesn't show, just the MIUI logo, and the reboot is quite fast so it seems there's just a portion of the OS rebooting.

Any help with the above would be appreciated!

Thanks for this awesome ROM and bringing back MIUI to GNex owners!!!

martytoo

Reaction score
I installed this and when I tried to change the ringtone three settings stopped working. Otherwise the ROM seemed fine.

I installed it with boot manager and am waiting for the next version to see if this is fixed.

On 2/5/12 I tried again to install this but without boot manager. I had the same issue with the notification sound. The first thing I tried was to change the sound to silent. This caused force close of the sound notification setting area.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Last edited: