Vibration??

cvhovey

Reaction score
QUESTION: How good is the vibrate function on the Stratosphere?

I'm up for renewal pretty soon. But for me, due to a hearing loss, I really REALLY use the vibrate function a lot. I love the vibrate function on the original Motorola Droid and Droid X. But then I switched up to the HTC Thunderbolt to have front facing camera for video chat ... the TBolt's vibrate function is fairly good, but not as good as Motorola. My wife has T-Mobile's Samsung Sidekick 4G and ONE thing she repeatedly complains about is the very weak vibrate function on her Samsung phone.

Been hoping that the Droid 3 would be my choice for upgrade, but I'm not sold on the D3's crowded keyboard. By contrast, the Stratosphere has a some key separation, similar to my wife's Samsung Sidekick 4G. That's the kind of slide-out keyboard I'm looking for with my big hands.

Since its 4 hours round-trip for me to visit a VZW store, I'm curious if any of you have observations on the Stratosphere's vibration function ... especially if you're familiar with Motorola phones as a comparison. Thoughts???

Thanks!

ghart53

Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure, but I actually am about to head off to the mall near me that has the stratosphere on display and ill give it a check out for ya. Ill comare it to the droid x to see how it stacks up.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

DamirD1984

Reaction score
its not as intense as the OG droid, its strong, but softer... Guess due to the non metal back, back side is the soft touch plastic cover, which is about 60% thickness of the phone...

BTW, if you have a Fry's in your area, at least in the Dallas Forth Worth area, I got my Samsung Stratosphere for FREE on upgrade yesterday, they have a sale right now :)

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
When I had my Droid X, the vibration feedback was noticeably more faint than the vibration on the og, d2, and droid pro.

OP
cvhovey

cvhovey

Reaction score
its not as intense as the OG droid, its strong, but softer... Guess due to the non metal back, back side is the soft touch plastic cover, which is about 60% thickness of the phone...

BTW, if you have a Fry's in your area, at least in the Dallas Forth Worth area, I got my Samsung Stratosphere for FREE on upgrade yesterday, they have a sale right now :)

Thanks for the feedback!