Vibrating on texting.

Ichristian96

Reaction score
I just got the new update sent to my phone, now whenever I start to type a reply black, my phone vibrates every key I press. This is extremely annoying as I'm always texting, could someone please tell me how to turn this off? I've googled but none of the solutions work for me.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
ok Im a d2g now but had a d2 before, I think its the same setting but not 100% sure. Go to settings/Sound Settings and see if you have haptic feedback checked. If so, uncheck it.

OP
I

Ichristian96

Reaction score
ok Im a d2g now but had a d2 before, I think its the same setting but not 100% sure. Go to settings/Sound Settings and see if you have haptic feedback checked. If so, uncheck it.
Thanks for the help, but that only turns off the soft key vibrations. :/ Thanks anyways.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Thats strange, the haptic feedback should take care of that. Have you tried a 3rd party messaging app like handcent to see if it does it still?

OP
I

Ichristian96

Reaction score
Thats strange, the haptic feedback should take care of that. Have you tried a 3rd party messaging app like handcent to see if it does it still?
Yes, it still does with said app.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Ok I asked some staff members for some help, I'm sorry I don't know what else to suggest. You should get a response soon...

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Go to options>language and keyboard > then your keyboard settings, in there you will see vibrate on keypress. Deselect that option and you should be good.

OP
I

Ichristian96

Reaction score
Go to options>language and keyboard > then your keyboard settings, in there you will see vibrate on keypress. Deselect that option and you should be good.
thank you so much! :D I found it.