vibrating keyboard

aarong03

Reaction score
I can't seem to stop the keyboard from vibrating when I touch the keys. Ant suggestions? I can't remember and I just did a factory reset.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
There are two places.

One is in the Settings>Sound>Vibrate on Touch, that is for the four softkeys on the bottom of the phone.

Second is open the text messaging app and go into the settings there, scroll all the way down to the bottom for vibrate on press.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
What he ^^^ said ;) yet another for Sydman lol :thumbup:

OP
aarong03

aarong03

Reaction score
I tried the first suggestion, but I already had it unchecked. Also the keyboard is vibrating when I use the keyboard to search also. I have a different text messaging app.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I tried the first suggestion, but I already had it unchecked. Also the keyboard is vibrating when I use the keyboard to search also. I have a different text messaging app.

Still have to go into the stock settings of the messaging app and tell it not to vibrate, plus whatever messaging app you are using might have a setting for it as well.

OP
aarong03

aarong03

Reaction score
Still not getting rid of the vibrating on the keyboard. I did what you listed above and still is vibrating.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Settings, language and input, motorola input, make sure the vibrate on input box isn't checked to stop keyboard vibration.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

You'll need to shut off the vibration in that app probably

r2d2usa

Reaction score
Go to settings choice " language & input" open "Motorola input" then turn off "vibrate on key pass"

jaseman

Reaction score
This is what irritates me the most is that in order to turn off something like vibrate, or to turn it on...you have to do it in two or three "hidden" places. In my world there should be ONE place to turn on or off such a setting. For example, If I go into the phones built in settings and tell it not to vibrate when I use the keyboard, then that's what it should do. Not talking about a third party app here, but only what's already on the phone. There should not be two different places where you have to set the same thing. Stupid, no??? :blink:

lisasha3

Reaction score
Resurecting the thread.

Just did a software upgrade. Keyboard is vibrating in Text messaging only. I have the stock app, but there is no choice in the settings to disable this. I also went to keyboard and input and looked there (per the above) because I've done a factory reset in the past, but that option for vibe on touch isn't there anymore either. I"m very confused as I know they were there prior to this software upgrade and now I can't stop the vibe.