Vibrate

michealwk1

Reaction score
Can someone help me. My phone wont vibrate when someone txts me. Only when I get a call. The vibrate is on the always setting and ut doesn't work...thanks

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Have you tried opening the app and going through it's settings. There's options for notifications there.

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

OP
M

michealwk1

Reaction score
What app? I don't have any vibrate applications if that what you mean

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Actually this happened to me on my droid 3 when it was released. They couldn't figure out what was wrong so they just swapped ot for a new one.

Did you just get the phone?

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

OP
M

michealwk1

Reaction score
Thanks so much! It worked! I owe you one. This is my first smartphone so its kinda difficult using the menu button to figure out setting that are hidden

devils3023

Reaction score
Thanks so much! It worked! I owe you one. This is my first smartphone so its kinda difficult using the menu button to figure out setting that are hidden

What exactly did you change? Mine and my gf's have the same issue. It will only vibrate for phone calls, and does nothing for texts/emails in vibrate mode. I have gone though all the sound settings and the only thing I can get it to do is vibrate and ring at the same time. Since both of our phones have the same issue, it's prob just a setting I'm missing and not two defective phones. Thanks.

OP
M

michealwk1

Reaction score
Ok, so go to text messaging. Then on the screen where you can see all of the people that you are testing, press the menu button and the press message settings. Scroll down to notifications and turn on vibrate. And there you go!

devils3023

Reaction score
Ok, so go to text messaging. Then on the screen where you can see all of the people that you are testing, press the menu button and the press message settings. Scroll down to notifications and turn on vibrate. And there you go!

Ok, so that made it vibrate and ring. I only want it to vibrate when I put the phone in vibrate mode, not when I have the regular ring on. Thanks.

OP
M

michealwk1

Reaction score
Now go to the actual sound setting and turn off ring and vibrate. And it should work

OP
M

michealwk1

Reaction score
Make sure you put it on only vibrate who in silent mode which is vibrate mode

Timar99

Reaction score
how about when using calendar entries? I can't get it to vibrate then.

CrazyItalian

Reaction score
There is also a settings menu when you are in the calendar app, wherein lies the option for vibration notification.