Vibrate ring options

BLK

Reaction score
I just got my phone but I cant figure this out. I know you can have the phone in the Vibrate mode and it will vibrate when calls, emails, sms come in. But then when I go to Normal mode I dont want it to vibrate too. I shut off the Vibrate option and it is off, but it is also off when I switch back to Vibrate.

Is there a way that it will only vibrate while in Vibrate ringer profile and not in the Normal or Silent?

Also is there any app or widget I can get that will have multiple ringer profiles and different options for each on? Like with my Blackberry I had one that would only ring for phone calls and texts but emails wouldnt(since I get emails late at night sometimes I would prefer not to be waken by an email). Or another one I could have the phone would ring and it would just flash for any other messages.

aDroidman

Reaction score
Go the the app that you want. Just as an example lets use Messaging.
1. Open the app
2. use the menu button to pull up the menu
3. go to settings
4. go down till you see Notifications, you can change the ring for just messaging or have it vibrate or not.

You do about the same thing for email. If you have it set to vibrate or has a ringer and your phone is set to silent it will be silent, if your phone is set to vibrate and you have a ringer for it it will not ring. If your phone is set to ring it will ring and vibrate.

OP
BLK

BLK

Reaction score
I know that. What Im asking is there an easy way to switch to Normal and then it wont vibrate just ring. And then when I switch to Vibrate it will then just set everything to Vibrate.

Also a problem that just developed recently is that it wont Vibrate for Emails or Texts. I have each application set to Vibrate, but they wont Vibrate. They will however vibrate if I have the sound profile set to Normal.