Vibrate OR ringtone .. even my old old phone knows how to do this !

hos

Reaction score
I can not get this phone to either have sound on for ringtone, OR turn vibrate on when I am in a meeting or something. It either does both which is totally useless or neither ! Anyone found a work around on this? My Old junky phone can do this!

Other problems:
Sync stopped working!
The phone turns on and off by itself!
Emails do not go out! They get stored in outgoing !

eliassami5

Reaction score
mine can do all of those things..try going into a verizon store and they will most likely give you a new phone.

OP
H

hos

Reaction score
thx, I have already changed it once! So, you can either set your phone to vibrate OR ring? How did you set it to do that? There have been thers with the same problem.

Dragoro

Reaction score
I can not get this phone to either have sound on for ringtone, OR turn vibrate on when I am in a meeting or something. It either does both which is totally useless or neither ! Anyone found a work around on this? My Old junky phone can do this!

Other problems:
Sync stopped working!
The phone turns on and off by itself!
Emails do not go out! They get stored in outgoing !

First try doing a factory reset. If that doesnt work, then take it in to verizon and either get em to fix it or exchange your phone.

Cant you just hold down the power button and select silent mode? For the other probs, ya might need an exchange or you messed up the settings somehow (not sayin its your fault, dont trash me for saying that lol).

eliassami5

Reaction score
im not understaing you..

The phone comes from the factory set to just ring, if you press the volume rocker down to vibrate then it will only vibrate. If you go into settings > Sound and Display then you can set the phone to vibrate AND ring.

Sry if that didnt answer your question...i mean if uve gone through 2 phones that cant basically ring or vibrate then thats some ****ty bad luck lol

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
you use the volume rocker to change it from "silent" to "vibrate" to "volume ringtone"

user error.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I purchased beautiful widgets for the clock/weather widget, but one side benfit is a widget called Vibrate which puts the phone in vibrate mode so I don't have to play with the volume and remember where I had it set (yes, I am getting old...lol).