Vibrate on Unlock

taypotts

Reaction score
Hey All,

Is there any way to stop the phone from vibrating when you unlock the screen? I don't see a need for it. Thanks!

Mr. Premium

Reaction score
Yes, I also find the vibrate annoying. I didn't mind it in 2.0 but in 2.0.1 it is more noticeable.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i just noticed it now that you mentioned it....

the vibration once "unlock" shows up is stronger than the first vibration when you first try to slide it over. didnt notice that..

OP
taypotts

taypotts

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought it was annoying b4 my update, I just want it gone... any settings or app?

QiG

Reaction score
I'd like a solution for this as well. I'd preferably turn off vibrate universally within all of the phone settings if at all possible.

mcb

Reaction score
If you turn on the screen unlock pattern security feature, the Droid won't vibrate when unlocked. (At least with 2.0...I have not been annointed with the 2.01 update yet :mad: )

reggin

Reaction score
If you turn on the screen unlock pattern security feature, the Droid won't vibrate when unlocked. (At least with 2.0...I have not been annointed with the 2.01 update yet :mad: )

It's the same with 2.01

Also, you do have a choice with screen unlock pattern to 'Use tactile feedback' or not. That was the case in both versions of the OS.

QiG

Reaction score

It's the same with 2.01

Also, you do have a choice with screen unlock pattern to 'Use tactile feedback' or not. That was the case in both versions of the OS.

Not to get off-topic, but in the General Droid News forum, someone posted a link to the update.zip. If you have a file manager app (Astro) and 5-10 minutes, you can update at any time. Just browse to the site/thread with the update and go from there.

I can confirm the quoted information, BUT if there's anyone else like me that thought they could setup a pattern, disable tactile feedback, and then remove the pattern to get rid of the vibrate, it doesn't work. :mad: