Vibrate notifications do not work

MrAreCool

Reaction score
This has me stumped... My phone will vibrate when it rings, the haptic feedback on the keyboard and dialer work fine, but I can't get the phone to vibrate on text and email notifications even though I have set it to always vibrate on incoming texts and emails. I have booted into recovery and cleared data, and I have even cleared data and reinstalled Liberty (the version patched for .621).

Anyone have any ideas? Because of meetings I leave my phone on silent a lot. It is nice to feel when I get a new message. I find myself not checking my phone often enough and "missing" texts. My wife doesn't seem to like when I don't answer a text for 4 hours...
Thanks!

OP
M

MrAreCool

Reaction score
I should also mention that I am using the CM7 MMS app from the Liberty customizer, and the standard Gmail and Google Voice apps. Vibrate is set to always on all of them.

Thunder_sl

Reaction score
Do you have this same problem without the CM7 app installed? It could be a CM7 issue. I have used the default text app and GO! SMS and haven't had any issues getting vibrate alerts. If you haven't already, I would try uninstalling CM7 and see if the problem clears.

OP
M

MrAreCool

Reaction score
Do you have this same problem without the CM7 app installed? It could be a CM7 issue. I have used the default text app and GO! SMS and haven't had any issues getting vibrate alerts. If you haven't already, I would try uninstalling CM7 and see if the problem clears.
Good call! I had not thought about it being a problem with the CM7 app as it affected more that just SMS/MMS. I used the Liberty Customizer to install the Blur SMS app (I actually like the Blur app better, but I use SMS Backup+ to backup my texts to a Gmail label and my call log to a Google Calendar, and it doesn't work correctly with the Blur SMS app) and the vibrations started working. I then used the Customizer to re-load the CM7 app and it seems to be working just fine now.

Thanks!

Thunder_sl

Reaction score
Glad I was able to help sway you in the right direction and you were able to run with it and pin point the problem. Thanks for letting me know what you found!