Vibrate control after second ota

Derekweb

Reaction score
External volume control used to go from high volume to low volume, then to vibrate only, then to fully silent (no vibrate). Now, it will only go down to full silent only, or vibrate only based on the setting on "vibrate" within "sounds"

Is there a combo of setting that will make the external volume control go back to the way it was before?

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Go to Menu>Settings>Sound>Vibrate. You now have 4 user setting to control that function. Set to Only in Silent mode for what you want

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go to Menu>Settings>Sound>Vibrate. You now have 4 user setting to control that function. Set to Only in Silent mode for what you want

That's the best way if you want to use Volume, but you'll lose Vibrate.

You can also add a widget, like Beautiful Silent. There's also SwitchPro, which allows you to toggle lots of things.

Wake N Bake

Reaction score
If you're rooted, you can use UD 8. It changed the volume rocker back to standard. Vibrate, and silent. dancedroid

mitchb2

Reaction score
Now, it will only go down to full silent only, or vibrate only based on the setting on "vibrate" within "sounds"
?

I wondered what was going on.

Geez, they think of the stupidest ways to break things on this phone.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score

You can also add a widget, like Beautiful Silent. There's also SwitchPro, which allows you to toggle lots of things.

With this setting I get silent + vibrate when I volume all of the way down. I think that is what the OP was asking for

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

With this setting I get silent + vibrate when I volume all of the way down. I think that is what the OP was asking for

I don't on my unrooted Droid 1 with Froyo.

When it's set to "Only In silent mode" and I move the volume down it goes to Vibrate. When it's set to "Only when not in silent mode" and I move the volume down it goes to Silent. It does not give the the vibrate, then silent option.