vibrate broken?

armopride07

Reaction score
im runnin UD 3.3.1 on my d1 and for some reason whenever i receive a SMS the phone doesn't vibrate. Im using GO SMS but it doesn't work for the stock one with GO SMS uninstalled either. vibrate setting is set to always in sound options to so i odn't know whats up.. any ideas?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Has it been working?

This thread has been Thunder struck!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Have you tried a reboot?

This thread has been Thunder struck!

OP
A

armopride07

Reaction score
yup yup. tried the main one and the hot reboot and still nothing.

OP
A

armopride07

Reaction score
as in flash it over what i have now? or completely wipe and stuff and reflash it from scratch?

Dolfan

Reaction score
I would just flash the rom right over what you have

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
A

armopride07

Reaction score
just tried it and still nothing. its going to have to come down to wiping huh?

OP
A

armopride07

Reaction score
still no luck. it was working fine on my previous rom but..i dont know whats up. oh well .

Dolfan

Reaction score
still no luck. it was working fine on my previous rom but..i dont know whats up. oh well .

This may sound silly....but try this...go to menu,... settings...then sounds..check mark the box silent mode...then go to ringtone...and choose one...then to notification ringtone and choose one...then exit and reboot...try that..

Bob

Couch

Reaction score
Vibration on SMS hasn't worked for me since I switched from stock 2.1(I went to BB until GB came out and then I switched to UD)

I'm using SPRecovery, maybe that has something to do with it.

OP
A

armopride07

Reaction score
you have the same problem to?? isn't it a pain in the butt? have you found any luck? i don't think its SPRecovery because i was running PEv5 (GB) and it didn't work for a little bit but all of a sudden it kicked in like a week into using it so i hope that that'll happen with UD.

Reaction score
I have a vibrate issue but its not an alert. I would suggest trying other free messaging apps and seeing if they change anything. That way you can be certain it is the phone/ROM/settings of the phone.

The issue I have is a long press of the camera phone to bring up the camera makes it freak out. What I mean is that it still functions normally (long press to start camera) but it vibrates really really quickly (a few times a second so about 7_10 times) to bring up the camera. Just thought I would add that there is a weird bug I have in common about a vibrate feature on my device too.