Viber VoIP Calling and Texting for Android Beta Available Free

y0manda

Reaction score
Not exactly sure how to use this since it is stating the other party doesn't have Viber and I have to use my regular carrier to make the call. The other party ( my wife) has the original droid which isn't compatible with Viber. How are the beta testers using Viber if only a handful have been invited.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Viber

Reaction score
Not exactly sure how to use this since it is stating the other party doesn't have Viber and I have to use my regular carrier to make the call. The other party ( my wife) has the original droid which isn't compatible with Viber. How are the beta testers using Viber if only a handful have been invited.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Trust me, it's definitely not a handful :)
We are speeding up the invitation process these days, so more and more people get invited. Regardless, we are considering making the Beta version public soon, and that will definitely solve the problem.

By the way, I'd like to announce that a new beta version has just been released - 2.0.108226.

What's new?
- GSM interruption problem has been resolved, and other bug fixes.
- Notification icon is back, and optional this time.
- Battery consumption has been improved.
- Viber is now integrated into Android's main contact list.
- Synchronization of Viber contacts has been improved

Download it here: Viber | Android Beta
Please make sure to report bugs here: Viber Beta Support

Keoivo

Reaction score
Hello,
IM using Galaxy S. Anytime i log into Viber, sending new sms with same code and creating shortcut.
what is the wrong with it?

pls let me know as I love using Viber

thanks a lot

Keo

Hi,
This is a member of the Viber Development Team!

Yes, Viber is still buggy on certain devices running Android, but this is exactly the reason why we released a beta and not the official version.
We ask for our testers' help in finding bugs and reporting them - please do the reporting to our official Android page: Viber for Android
(You can see a "Support" button on the right side of the page).

For more questions - I'm here.

Regards,
Viber Media.

Viber

Reaction score
Hello,
IM using Galaxy S. Anytime i log into Viber, sending new sms with same code and creating shortcut.
what is the wrong with it?

pls let me know as I love using Viber

thanks a lot

Keo

Hi,
I'm not sure I understood the problem to the fullest... can you please try to explain again?

Keoivo

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm not sure I understood the problem to the fullest... can you please try to explain again?

Sure.
I downloaded and installed Viber. got automatically the sms to my mobile. so I started to use it.
If I lot out of Viber or switch my mobile off and want to use again, its same procedure
have to type my mobile number, receive sms again with same verification code

is it normal?

Viber

Reaction score
Sure.
I downloaded and installed Viber. got automatically the sms to my mobile. so I started to use it.
If I lot out of Viber or switch my mobile off and want to use again, its same procedure
have to type my mobile number, receive sms again with same verification code

is it normal?

No, it's definitely not normal.
This happens ONLY after you log out of Viber (or turn off your phone) and then reopen Viber again?
Are you using a custom ROM?

Keoivo

Reaction score
No, it's definitely not normal.
This happens ONLY after you log out of Viber (or turn off your phone) and then reopen Viber again?
Are you using a custom ROM?

Yes it happens only after switch off and reopen
ROM? what is that?

Viber

Reaction score
Never mind... if you don't know what it is, you probably don't have it.

What device are you using? which Android version?
Please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours and reinstall again. Check if the problem persists.

Keoivo

Reaction score
Never mind... if you don't know what it is, you probably don't have it.

What device are you using? which Android version?
Please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours and reinstall again. Check if the problem persists.

ok. clear :)

I have galaxy S
firmware is 2.2.1

Viber

Reaction score
Please try the test I've suggested and let me know what the results are when you are done.

Keoivo

Reaction score
Hello, hope had nice weekend

i just reinstalled. same happened
after switch off and on, had to register to Viber again

Viber

Reaction score
Please contact me by Private Message so we can see if we can further investigate your problem.
Also, in that PM, add a screenshot of your Viber, of your Android desktop, so we see if you have a custom ROM or not.

Thanks,
Viber.