Viber for Android BETA

Viber

Reaction score
@lilfcker - we're working hard on this feature and it will be available over the next few weeks. We'll post specific dates on our Facebook page.

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
Why bother when Google voice is free and the sound quality is fine!? Just saying...... It's always nice to have more come to the party you just better bring something we have all not had yet if you are looking for an open arm greeting. This is a tough crowd here we don't impress easily.

Reaction score
I have had this installed for about a week and a half. my Bionic has been on for 1 Day 2 hours and 37 minutes, I have never even opened up the Viber app since my last restart, matter a fact I only used it once the first day I installed it. What amazes me is that it has used 11% of my battery, even more than WiFi (@ 10%), and I have WiFi on at all times.

Until Viber learns a little more about managing resources, I will uninstall.

Viber

Reaction score
@Tuktanuk - Viber is a work in progress and we're working hard on adding many new features, including improving the sound quality.
We hope to pleasantly surprise you and would be happy to hear about things you would like to see.

@steveinspokane - We haven't yet tested Viber on this device and appreciate your feedback. In a couple of weeks, we're coming out with an improved version that has lower battery consumption.
We'd be delighted if you would try it out and let us know what you think.

Viber

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
We are excited to announce that the long-anticipated Viber 2.1 has just been released to AppStore and Market!

Among the new features:
- A whole new sound codec, offering higher voice quality, better support for Viber calls on 3G networks and interrupted internet connections.
- Photo sharing inside Viber text messages. Not only is it possible to send photos via Viber, it is now also possible to easily share them, upload them to Facebook, etc.
- Viber text messages are now location-aware, meaning you can share your current whereabouts with each and every Viber message that you send.
- Viber now supports iOS5.
- Viber now supports Landscape mode.
- And many more new features and bug fixes.

Should you have any questions regarding this new version or about Viber in general, please do not hesitate to ask.
the Viber Team.

Last edited: