Verzion Unlimited Data Plan May End

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I recently received information that we will continue unlimited data until 4G rolls out. 4G will be tiered similar to att but with larger caps. Somewhere around 10gb limit for $30 monthly. I do not see this being detrimental for most people.

I hope that's the case, or at this point i don't think it matters so much to me, i get unlimited right now, and WHEN 4g is rolled out, which is still going to be aways away for me, things may have changed and they said screw it. The first devices to roll out on 4g for verizon from everything i've heard was air cards and the like. If that's true and phones won't get it until late 2011 and into 2012, then could all this tiered talk be for their air devices since those are capped at 5GB? Because a year to 2 years down the road, nobody can tell what's going on. Just wondering really, so if anyone has light to shed that would be awesome :)

rutger1413

Reaction score
I recently received information that we will continue unlimited data until 4G rolls out. 4G will be tiered similar to att but with larger caps. Somewhere around 10gb limit for $30 monthly. I do not see this being detrimental for most people.

If this is the case, i would switch to the 10gb cap instantly b/c whats going to happen is they will introduce a 8gb cap for $30 and the 10gb cap will be replaced by a 15gb cap for $40 which makes the 10gb cap a better deal. Then they will change how something works and when you renew, you wont be grandfathered into the unlimited plan.

At least they are not pulling the ATT bull$*** with 2gb caps.