Very Sweet Car Charger

Silver Member
Reaction score
that's the one i have... i thought i saw somewhere that it was only 500 or 550... maybe i made that up? lol

i like the coiled cable on the moto one better. i'll give this one to the wife (since it's 1000mah).

brochaos

Reaction score
i bought one of these from some online store for like $15 :(
oh well, still a nice charger.

KuddlKat

Reaction score
I ordered that blue ring charger along with some mini- to micro-USB adapters (also Motorola brand) a few days before the Droid was released. They arrived on the release date when I got my phone.

The charger works great, but depending on where your cigarette lighter is, the thing can be annoyingly bright when driving at night. :)

slammin86

Reaction score
I bought one of these a few weeks ago. So far it is working out great.

Reaction score
I personally like this charging system:

"iGo" Car Charger at iGo, Inc.

Next time you get a new phone, you just buy a new tip. You can buy tips for all kinds of devices, and they have chargers that are ac/dc for source and you can charge several devices from one car or home outlet.

Just another idea...

skidemn

Reaction score
These I found on e-bay and have nothing to do with the seller but they are extra specal nice I got 2 of them,
thought I'd pass it on
Moto Brand , won't overcharge and a really cool light.
OEM Car DC Travel Charger for Motorola Verizon Droid - eBay (item 370306523820 end time Jan-12-10 22:02:19 PST)

When you get it please let us know the cable length. The one I have is too short to reach from my 12V power outlet without a constant stretch in the coiled portion of the cable.

OP
snowman

snowman

Reaction score
26 inches not streched at all, out to about 4 feet stretched a bit
I like it

Silver Member
Reaction score
I ordered that blue ring charger along with some mini- to micro-USB adapters (also Motorola brand) a few days before the Droid was released. They arrived on the release date when I got my phone.

The charger works great, but depending on where your cigarette lighter is, the thing can be annoyingly bright when driving at night. :)
2nd. i'd like to change the led color to red since my interior is primarily red.

ice456789

Reaction score
I bought the 1000 mAh car USB adapter and a 6' cable from monoprice. Then they told me the 6' was out of stock, they would upgrade me to the next longest cable in stock for free. Just found out they're sending me a 15' cable! Not really what I wanted, but I guess I can walk all around my house with my phone still plugged in. :icon_eek:

Anyone know if I'll have any power loss because of the cable length? I'm NOT gonna use that one for the car of course.