Very slow and laggy....

TootOnTheMoon

Reaction score
Ive had my phone for about a year now and just recently its been starting to lag. My apps lag, or my pages error (like opera errors ever 10 pages or so), when i type, it lags so bad sometimes i can type 5 words without it showing up. Skype crashes all the time...just clicking turn off alarm lags.

Its really annoying me...

Im not tech savy, but ive already turned off most all the extras. Such as screen animations. I dont have a ton of aps (maybe 20, 3 or 4 that are constantly running...but they arnt big). Ive turned off the unnessary stuff like google plus.... !!! I dont wanna system restore but i will of i have to...

My boyfriend doesnt have a droid, so he isnt any help... :(

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
Go to the Play store and grab a free app called Clean Master. Give it a run of caches and residual files and see if that helps.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

Suuperflie

Reaction score
Ive had my phone for about a year now and just recently its been starting to lag. My apps lag, or my pages error (like opera errors ever 10 pages or so), when i type, it lags so bad sometimes i can type 5 words without it showing up. Skype crashes all the time...just clicking turn off alarm lags.

Its really annoying me...

Im not tech savy, but ive already turned off most all the extras. Such as screen animations. I dont have a ton of aps (maybe 20, 3 or 4 that are constantly running...but they arnt big). Ive turned off the unnessary stuff like google plus.... !!! I dont wanna system restore but i will of i have to...

My boyfriend doesnt have a droid, so he isnt any help... :(

If you've had the phone over a year, I'd advise a fdr. Its good to refresh your phone at least once a year. You'll notice a world of difference.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

walkerstempe

Reaction score
Yep,
I FDR between every 4-6, months to keep my Bionic screaming. Just something I'm resigned to with all the crap I load it up with. Just about when I'm really jonesing for new, I FDR. HD Maxx getting eyed though.
I don't believe in high priced upgrades. S4 is 130 bucks contract on Amazon Wireless with prime membership, I saw today. Tempting. Maybe Note 2.