Very odd power cycle isse when in gallery

supermandrew

Reaction score
So I have two Moto Droids. One for my business, and one for my personal use. About a month and a half ago I realized my Personal Droid would reboot every time I went into my gallery? Odd. I would go into the gallery, into any photo, any time, and it would power cycle every time. BUT, my business Droid was not doing so and had nearly the same photos on it. So I did a master reset...did not fix the issue. Then, I took everything off the memory card, formatted, put it all back on. Did not fix it. THEN, I swapped the memory cards between my business and personal phone...suddenly, my business phone (which was not having the issue) was suddenly power cycling when entering the gallery, and my Personal one stopped doing it. Which led me to believe it was a corrupt/bad memory card (and it ONLY occured when going into the gallery).

All was fine until last night when BOTH phones started doing the same thing again. So I pulled all of the content off the cards, reformatted, then put the cards back in with the same content....issue stopped. This morning...it started again? So THEN, I replaced both memory cards with completely brand new memory cards....formatted them, put the content I had before on them....SAME ISSUE CONTINUED. Then I backed all my stuff up, reformatted the card, and just went into the gallery (even though there was nothing on it)....power cycle issue did not occur. Finally, I just put in select content on the card...basically 1/4 of the photos I had before, and a few movies. All of the other stuff like cache files, Picsay templates, and any other application related stuff is no longer on the card. So far the issue has not returned.

My main question is....WTF!!??

Bad/corrupt file? Virus?

Is anyone else having this issue?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
maybe a file name of one of the gallery items was causing it? just a wild guess...

OP
S

supermandrew

Reaction score
Very hard to say. I had/am considering that. I was nearly read to swap the device out but but I am nearly certain the device is not the issue. It is certainly a software something. Fortunately I have access to a Motorola quality assurance Rep whom I have submitted the issue to and he is going to take an in depth look at it for me.