Very new DROID user

Matthias08

Reaction score
So far so good I'd say.

within the first 12 hours she navigated me 1100 miles, and broadcasted pandora via Harmon Kardon logic 5.1 the entire way!

absolutely love how it very politely interrupts the music to navigate, and flawlessly returns to said tasks.

the battery life was quite surprising as I also carry a blackberry tour and its outshining it already in a 2 days, I dislike the $29.99 sticker price (minus $25% in my case) for just about anything! with hard case and clip, screen protectors, windshield mount and car charger the bill grew quickly.

So far i've just been dicking around with it a bit...
making sure all of my contacts have cells listed under Mobile :icon_eek: (that was one of the first things i noticed w/o being advised of.

I'll go check things out around here. :)

irishdroid

Reaction score
Welcome! Glad to hear you have had a positive experience so far. If you have any questions be sure to search the forums or start a thread. I have found so many kind people who are willing to help. Again, welcome to Droidforums.

OP
M

Matthias08

Reaction score
lol yea.

I was actually talked out of buying a droid back in january (by a verizon sales rep) as I am long time crackberry user...

and I got the droid for free, amongst what is still an ongoing trouble ticket with verizon well over 45 days long now and I made a request and it was shipped over night.

they've added the droid on a new, additional line to my account (which is being comp'd) and fwding one of my crackberry lines to the droid until the problem is solved (which may now be a blackberry problem as we've ruled out bad device and network issues)

So, I'm keeping busy, and constantly on my phone regardless.
facebook for android is, either A: slightly less thrilling than for BB or B: I'm not using it properly :blink:

I really wish I didn't have to pop off the hard case to get it fitting into my windshield mount. :mad:

OP
M

Matthias08

Reaction score
I just bumped a thread on issues while trying to mount the droid.

No go for me. :(

irishdroid

Reaction score
I had a body glove case and found that having it naked is much better (same goes for my wife) . I have a leather pouch now and like it much better. As far as fb for the bb, not sure. My wife had a curve for all of two days before she went to a Droid Eris and the fb app is fine for her. Try the others like bloo for a different feel.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Hope you enjoy you phone and stay with us for a long time.

Mike

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the neighborhood, Matthias! Glad you've decided to join us here on the forum!

:byeBB:

joeymoose

Reaction score
I like mostly everything naked but I use a hard case. The one day I didn't I dropped her! :(

joeymoose

Reaction score
I'm not an Addict! (I'm a freaking raging junkie!) LOL...