Very Interesting Case With my Rooted Phone

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Sean_Bernstein, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Sean_Bernstein

Sean_Bernstein New Member

Ok So I rooted my phone back and everything was great when I wanted to switch from Cyanogen to Ultimate Droid v9. The switch was easy but for some reason when Ultimate Droid had an update I installed it but got me stuck at a boot loader for like ever. I did a battery pull and it just stayed there so I figured I would do a factory reset and just switch back to the new Cyanogen update (about a week ago).

Welll.... heres where things get interesting... let me paint a picture on what I got going on my phone settings.

Firmware Version: 2.1-update1

Baseband Version: C_01.3E.01P

Kernel Version: 2.6.29-omap1-bekit

Mod Version: Cyanogen 5.0.4.2-Droid

Build Number: voles-userdebug 2.1 ERE25 23960 test-keys

Okay... so it seems to me that the phone is still rooted cause its running a rom, but when I got to my SUPERUSER app, there is nothing there.

And what gets weirder is when I run SetCPU to clock my phone, it says

"No Root access detected"

But im like "wtf mate, im running a stinkin rom?!"

So after I can a factory reset im stuck with this cyanogen rom and I cant run any of my back ups

AND IT GETS WEIRDER!

I bought the premium ROM manager and it wont let me flash ANYTHING including SPRecovery or Clockwork.

Any advise or help would be much appreciated! Thanks!
  2. korp

korp New Member

Reroot using the steps of before. Sounds like it reflashed your recovery back to stock ... if you don't have the ninja superuser icon then you are not rooted.
  3. Sean_Bernstein

i do have superuser

But I still do have the superuser app and all the stuff that comes with rooting a phone like "spare parts" and the news and weather widget 2.1...

Its just that the superuser app doesn't seem to be functioning... cause there's nothing that will be allowed...

And when I type "su" in the terminal editoor is says that "superuser permission denied" but in the superuser app there is not premissions to be permitted
  4. superglen99

superglen99 New Member

I agree, act like your phone isnt rooted and re root like you did in the very beginning, that might be the only way to go. can you boot into recovery and flash back to stock? if not try re running dm updater all over and see if that does it. Welcome to the forums droid newbie lol
  5. aarontliu

aarontliu New Member

This happened to me about 2 weeks ago when i was trying to switch from DroidMod to Ultimate Droid. I just kept playing with it till i was able to re-root. What I did was use the Nandroid backup with allowed me to return to stock 2.0. From there, I just re-rooted and Ultimate Droid ran perfectly.

Hope this helped. Just make sure not to do anything too excessive and brick our phone. Good luck.
  6. Sean_Bernstein

Superuser

so what I really think it is is that my superuser permissions arent working.

Anything that I can do to reinstall superuser or something!?

Because I installed the DM Updater and it says that my phone Is rooted, it just cant get any permission.
  7. Sean_Bernstein

Fixed!

Ok so here is what I did to fix it.

I installed the new Cyanogen mod 5.0.5.7 .zip file to the root of my phone

Rebooted into Clockwork

Went to "select .zip file for update" (not exact words but something like that)

Installed it and then rebooted and now it works!!!