very hot

burk

Reaction score
My razor gets very hot while browsing, freezes up and wont charge. So hot you can't touch it.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
My razor gets very hot while browsing, freezes up and wont charge. So hot you can't touch it.
That not good. Try this...power your Razr off. Boot into safe mode (link:Safe Mode - DROID RAZR / RAZR MAXX by MOTOROLA). Safe mode allows only system apps to run...no 3rd party apps. If your Razr no longer runs hot then you have a 3rd party app, most likely, that is constantly trying to sync or download data...then it's just a matter of figuring out which app it is. Social media apps, weather widgets, video or music apps are usually the most common. See if this helps narrow down the problem. To get out of safe mode just reboot your phone normally.

eidian

Reaction score
My phone got hot if I opened multiple tabs when surfing the web. If I had three or four tabs going with lots of graphics or flash ads (in my case multiple tabs in Yahoo), the phone got really hot. The 4g antenna really works the battery.

Running rooted ICS

OP
B

burk

Reaction score
Just got back from a Verizon store. I guess I am not the only one with this problem...... and they know of the problem. So they gave me a .ew phone. I really dont trust it. I went as far as deleting all aps and had no windows open. They know of the issue. What a rip off.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Just got back from a Verizon store. I guess I am not the only one with this problem...... and they know of the problem. So they gave me a .ew phone. I really dont trust it. I went as far as deleting all aps and had no windows open. They know of the issue. What a rip off.
Well I disagree with the comment about a "rip off" but I'm glad they gave you a new phone. Good luck with this one. IMHO...the Razr is one of the best, if not the best, smartphone on the market. All smartphones can have issues...sometimes the QA process is not always what we'd expect it to be.