Very easy question

mikeyforgot

Reaction score
I just did minor searching and just needed one thing spelled out for me. My buddy wants me to root his phone for the wifi tether. I know how it goes with my D1 but I have no clue on the incredibles....

When you use the unrEVOked to gain superuser does it mess around with the senseUI or flash anything on it?

Sorry for the newb question I'm great on the D1 front but know nothing on the Incredible side. Thanks for help on this.

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Unrevoked just add superuser app to your phone. It doesn't touch Sense or remove any apps on your phone.

OP
M

mikeyforgot

Reaction score
Awesome thank you that was exactly what I was looking for!

mastersonc

Reaction score
Ive used unrEVOked this evening and am now rooted but I still cant go into apps and remove the bloatware. What am I missing? How do I go about removing the stuff now?

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ive used unrEVOked this evening and am now rooted but I still cant go into apps and remove the bloatware. What am I missing? How do I go about removing the stuff now?

The easiest way (and safest) is to buy Titanium Backup Pro. You can then "freeze" (rather than risk completely uninstalling and possibly screwing up something necessary to your phone's system) unwanted apps. It's well worth the cost. You can also use Titanium Backup to backup your phone so that you can flash new ROMs without having to set everything back up again.