1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Very Confused! (Liberty Load)

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Mdwannabe, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Mdwannabe

Mdwannabe New Member

First I am a droid newbie, I want to make that clear. Put me in front of any PC and I can fix about any problem; but this droid has me very confused and frustrated.
    I have had this phone for about 7 months (Droid X). I was quite happy with it until one of the people I work with brought his in using the "Liberty" ROM.
    I went on line and did some homework and decided to root my phone and try "Liberty".
    First I got Z4 to root my phone with.
    Then I bought bootstrapper to back up the phone, backup went fine.
    Then I downloaded "Liberty" and installed it.
    Things seemed to be going fine until reboot of phone.
    At reboot I got into a Liberty boot loop.
    At that point I posted my problem on here and luckily had some help to get me back up and running (thanks to whoever provided the information).
    Now my phone (on boot-up) shows the Liberty logo for about 20 seconds, then shows the normal droid boot up logo, and boots fine.
    Now that I have bored you with the background information here is my question.
    How do I get my phone back to original factory settings, and after that can I safely format my SD card and start over?
    I ran my bootstraper back-up which got me into the liberty logo situation.
    I really want to try Liberty, but my phone and I have different opinions on whether this is going to go well.
    I don't want to give up, but I don't want to brick it either.
    Any and all input is appreciated, love the phone but I think I would love it more from what I saw of my coworker running Liberty.

Thanks In Advance:
    Rick