Very clean navigation dock mount

Ricerocket

Reaction score
I had a vehicle specific mount for my D2G from Proclipusa.com. I loved how clean the install was, so I was disappointed to see that they didn't have a D4 mount listed on their site. I emailed them and got a quick response. The D4 will use the same mount as a Garmin Nuvi. The mount was listed for $30 on their site, which seemed a BIT too much for how simplistic it was. I found a compatible one on gpscity.com's website here:

http://www.gpscity.com/garmin-nuvi-amps-adapter-mount.html

I received it today, and it is even cleaner than the Proclipusa solution! Only $5 + $2 shipping. Here are a couple of pics of the dock installed in my Nissan Titan

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1332205751889.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1332205751889.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 652
  • uploadfromtaptalk1332205772191.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1332205772191.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 580

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Are you using the proclips dash mount with the Moto dock?

OP
Ricerocket

Ricerocket

Reaction score
Yes, the dash mount is from Proclipusa and the dock is Motorola.

akahalimi

Reaction score
How did u bolt the little mount from gpscity onto the proclip stand I just received mine in the mail today and the back of it just has the little hole for a screw to go in but the proclip doesn't have holes ur supposed to screw into it....someone help please

wkearney99

Reaction score
Most mounts use a series of holes originally designed for an AMPS mount. For my mount I have a double-T mount screwed to the clip and then a 15mm ball that slides onto it. This lets me remove the whole dock if I'm parked somewhere marginal. Better to get the whole thing out of site rather than leave something for a junkie to sell for $5 on a corner (after costing me $100+ for a window).

I've got this mount: http://www.proclipusa.com/?sectionp...lder=false&have_mount=false&p_pageid=1&dtype=

wkearney99

Reaction score
Moto makes the only docks that will automatically trigger dock mode. I believe pro-clip also makes a D4 dock, but it doesn't trigger dock mode automatically. This because unlike older phones, moto switched to using an in-line USB trigger instead of the inexpensive magnet option. But you could always get a dock trigger app to do it for you. I may go this route. I have the moto nav dock and it stands farther out than the previous D2 dock. I don't like it as much. That and it won't let me slide out the keyboard, also unlike the previous D2 and D3 docks. The only good thing about it is that it does allow quick docking and undocking. It has the molded receiver for the phone (with or without the cover insert) and only the one USB connection. This makes it MUCH easier to use than the desk docks.

schatzy62

Reaction score
....moto switched to using an in-line USB trigger instead of the inexpensive magnet option. ....

Unfortunately on the Car Dock the USB data signals are not transfered thru the dock as they are on the desk dock. I found this out the hard way after installing it and not being able to see the phone SD card on my car radio. So i took the dock inside and used numerous different cables to check this out and the USB Data signal is NOT passed thru the dock, only the changing is passed thru. This really pisses me off as no I can no longer play the music on my car easily via USB which sounds a lot better than using the audio cable.