very annoying beep!

michelle4439

Reaction score
I have a droid x. Everytime I answer a call I hear a beep after I hit answer call. I always have to wait a second or two before I can start my conversation. It is very annoying. I was just wondering if there is a way to turn it off? Thanks

mding4gold

Reaction score
Settings/Sound & Display Settings/ Call connect (set sound emitted when call is connected)

leakim13

Reaction score
i have the same problem but that option is not activated (droid 2).

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
In the land mobile radio world, the tone is called a 'connect tone' that is actually a pause to force a wait before you can talk, AKA: Talk Permit tone.
Once the call is connected, that tone forces you to wait, so every syllable is heard, and not chopped off as you began taking before the connection was actually established.

hooman67

Reaction score
From Land of Picky users!

Ok,I guess!!

In the land mobile radio world, the tone is called a 'connect tone' that is actually a pause to force a wait before you can talk, AKA: Talk Permit tone.
Once the call is connected, that tone forces you to wait, so every syllable is heard, and not chopped off as you began taking before the connection was actually established.

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
I just had to respond one more time on your annoying tone issue....

You need to go into your sound settings menu, and scroll down toward the bottom. There you will find notification alert tones for SD card, emergency tone, call connect, network lost tone, as well as roaming tone, software update alert tone and finally......battery full notifications.....*WHEW*

Nothing like digging up old bones (threads)...