Verizon's unlimited plan only limited to lines, not contracts?

Ch00tarL44l

Reaction score
i have a family plan with Verizon. my line is the main line, my wife's line is an iphone that was new back in March so she has the unlimited data plan through Verizon.

i still have a stupidphone presently but i have a Droid 2 which i bought from a friend and want to activate it. so i dont qualify for the unlimited data plan since i never had a smartphone on my line? i thought it was the contract that Verizon has to follow and not on a line by line basis?

anyone go through a similar issue with Verizon?

305rev305

Reaction score
Sorry to say but they are right. If u have a dumbphone and plan to upgrade to a smartphone u won't have the unlimited.

OP
C

Ch00tarL44l

Reaction score
but doesn't the contract cover both lines since its a family plan? shouldn't i be able to add smartphone features (data plan) anytime since i should be grandfathered into the contract that i signed? does it explicitly say that in Verizon's contract?

OP
C

Ch00tarL44l

Reaction score
is it possible for me to move my number to my wife's line and move her number to my line? would that mean that i now have unlimited data but she wouldn't?

voodooman128

Reaction score
Why don't u call Verizon and ask? Lol. Not trying to be mean.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

305rev305

Reaction score
Try calling them and ask. Speak to a manager and tell them u have been a customer for some time. Tell them u are thinking to switching to sprint's unlimited if they don't come through. Maybe that will work... 2gb is enough though...

OP
C

Ch00tarL44l

Reaction score
i did call, they gave me the story, "only applies if you have HAD the data plan before the deadline", etc, but it should apply to the contract, thats what i think. maybe ill go in the store and see where that goes.

OP
C

Ch00tarL44l

Reaction score
if me and my wife numbers and not lines, do i inherit her "unlimited" data plan?

sb1831

Reaction score
Your contract was for shared minutes between two phones. Features are on a per line basis. You honestly expect them to give you unlimited data when it's been tiered for months now because you want to upgrade to a smartphone?

Last edited: