Verizon's "Share Everything Calculator"

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
A few days ago, I suggested that a great idea for an app or website would be a calculator to allow you to compare how you'd come out between the current voice/data plans and the new shared data. It looks like Verizon already has it, sort of:

Share Everything Calculator - Verizon Wireless

This one just shows what you would pay on the new plan, it doesn't compare...but it should come in handy for a lot of folks.

Bfp

Reaction score
I saw that last night and played with it and by going to the share plan it may wind up cheaper for me. Right now i have 2 phones no data plan and a MIFI for internet and it cost me 175 a month and i think by going with the shared plan with a data package it was about the same.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Hmm, its not working for me either. Maybe they were getting too many angry phone calls after people calculated and realized they would be paying more for the new plan.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
When i try it the dang thing starts laughing.... its eyes are literally $ signs :mad:

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
When i try it the dang thing starts laughing.... its eyes are literally $ signs :mad:

ROFLOL! Troublemaker!! :icon_ devil:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
:D good morning everybody!!!

Good morning FoxKat :)

nikecar

Reaction score
I pay $108 after tax for 1SP and 1FP with 700min 250txt on each line and unlimited on the SP.

I average anywhere from 2-4GB, most ever was close to 6.

They suggested the 4GB plan at $140+tax. LMFAO!!!

Umm, no. I don't think so.

The difference over 2 yrs would be $1200 (24*$50 which should be the difference with tax factored).

For that, I can buy 2 full price phones.

Veraster

Reaction score
For me it would be $10 more.
WHY have phone companies been skyrocketing their data costs? There's no shortage. Technology is advancing. They are going in the wrong direction. I'm just glad I bought the best phone on the market while they had their $30 unlimited plans a while back because I'm never going to get a new phone if wireless data costs are going to do nothing but go up and up and up.
I hate to try to imagine what they're going to do next.

schatzy62

Reaction score
WTF Verizon

Current plan is 900 minutes, unlimited text, unlimited data, including taxes = $108.00 month

And on average I use less than 300 minutes a month. I have been thinking of changing down to a 400 minute plan but not now.

Now I may not be your typical data user but I use data of 25-30 GB a month as I have no internet connection at home so I use the phone for all internet usage including Netflix, Pandora, Slacker and other internet based entertainment.

New Share plan which I dont have anyone to share with as I am single

SmartPhone = $40.00
10 Data = $100
Taxes = ~$15

So right now i am at $165.00 plus overage charges for going over 10GB by 200% so I would say my bill will be in the easy range of $240 or more.

So even if i have to pay full price for a phone I would still save a significant amount of money by not taking a contract.

Problem I see here is that if I dont have a "CONTRACT" Verizon can do what ever they want with the costs. So it could be A LOT more.

Well Verizon you have made a choice and I will not be part of that if i am forced to change. Luckily for me i just signed a 2 year contract.

Wonder if i can go an sign a 10 year contract with the same $375 cancellation fee. So if they change their minds at a latter point I can get out of it for cheap.

Last edited: