Verizon's Samsung Pay Update is Now Pushing Out to Compatible Phones

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verizon-Samsung-Pay.jpg

Verizon customers rose a big stink when they found out that Verizon wasn't allowing Samsung Pay to work over their network. For months, the Samsung Pay service (currently working on specific Samsung devices) was working just fine on the other US carriers. Only Big Red was the big holdout on the service.

After the big backlash from customers, Verizon promised to get the Samsung Pay working on their network by October, and it looks like they made due on that promise. A new Verizon smartphone update just started pushing out and it lets Samsung Pay work on Verizon's network (on compatible Samsung devices). To be clear, it only works with MasterCard, Visa or AMEX issued by a major bank, though, such as Citi and Bank of America.

There's one other thing this new update brings with it besides Samsung Pay compatibility. It also includes a patch for the Stagefright vulnerability. Even if you don't care about Samsung Pay, you might want to be sure to get this update just because of that.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Very disappointed with Samsung Pay. The range of banks is so small and just having the Visa/MC/AMEX logo isn't enough. I'll continue using Google Wallet and my Note 5 is no longer a required device to have so when my JUMP is up, I will probably leave it behind.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Agreed, real shame they are so limited. I have Samsung Pay disabled and have been using Android Pay. Even got my free Andy dude at Jamba Juice over the weekend.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I tried Samsung Pay after the Update and it Activated my Card with no Issues now. Of course now that the Free Charger Promo is Expired and I missed out. Well I am deactivating and not using it on Principle.