Verizon's Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Get Its Marshmallow Update Today

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hifi-audio-v-sgs5.png

It's confirmed. The Verizon version of the Samsung Galaxy S5 will be receiving its Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update sometime today. As always, the update will push out OTA in batches, so YMMV as far as when the update will hit your device.

The new update will be version number MMB29M.G900VVRU2DPD1, and it also adds WiFi calling, updated app icons, Ultra High Quality Audio (Hi-Fi Audio), and Android for Work. Sadly, it will also come with a ton of new bloatware... <sigh>. :rolleyes:

Here's our dedicated section for further discussion of the Samsung Galaxy S5: Samsung Galaxy S5 Discussions

Source: Verizon

Reactions: cr6

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Great news for the S5 owners here. Hopefully this means the Note 4 won't be far behind.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

MattE303

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
Just checked and found the Marshmallow update available for my S5!

XwlRxy-a7oftJb2QsmfVk26JvWNFpS1r7OMjlgjDnAze0fmWFkApVct1nbtNHGluW_r1Jrvx9s4WK4R1VpAEKcQJZjiSVMVw2gbFYynuNeH8rIelCVysp2eb9BB-8GuuMfIuIjcoH1R7QjqftYSUiLwbeDXfk73-vpCRXRPg-IypmYvTtrAwBbEfa9jjY0A5rR_ScAuhyp10-_kf2J13OpXAPtOqg-wgNdo4rK4ba8avglzjbpOeIRpUD68lrToq72avDPuFUL5eHtLij_jH3DiV7N8y1GCAUHBFaCzaCeD3Vlgh3WgTR08jeNqs9wkbmsBIUiDrTqpunXnbW41Pbwcozi2Grr8RAMApltl-d61vBOKP79f8nn4k6M6QRFAlp_vYD4j0EL1zBWxPOsrkcGWSZ_vvfvTQErKMYC-y_OzEBHwj9uvfaKslMRf7dihMr-Mp1m47t7685A7CwNl47JCmlB46pM3SUuT2pGv1EluyWOdNObn5h-ofk5gCuy6e01Jg-G7GomhnKWEtDRpwZ30TFb9FoE8vJUhPhdgesh2NNLy6beYsHFFb_KQlnsHez75ZIGGE9hX2ElBne0Lgg3AcTn60j58=w511-h907-no

Last edited:

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Ah alrighty. I'm with ATT and waiting anxiously. Shouldn't be too long. How do you like marshmallow so far?

MattE303

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
I'm at work so haven't had a lot of time to play with it, but so far, so good. Update seems to have gone fine, everything is right where I left it, and it didn't mess up my Nova launcher home screens and such. Hoping for good things from Doze mode, and I've been waiting for per app permissions for a while, glad to see that on there. lots of interesting info in the "app info" screen, the new "stock app" icons look good, and there seems to be a fair amount of changes/reorg in Settings. that's all I've had time to notice so far...

Reactions: cr6

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Sounds good. Looking forward to it. I'm specially interested in the ability to multi-task which isn't so easy as is in the S5. Looking forward to much better battery life too.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
The Note 4 was promised the update for Verizon a long time ago but nothing yet. Verizon is very poor with updates for even security problems. My bet is that it will come about a day after I update to a Note 6 (if it seems as good or better than the S7. Very tempted to update to the S7 edge (but likely won't as I love my Note 4 so much) with the extras Verizon has currently - free second S7 edge, all upgrade costs waved, and 3 months of HBO Now.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
Hmmm. I just checked the new verizon offers and the buy one get one free didn't show up in one part and did in another with a lot of if's involved. This morning it was there and much more friendly. Wonder if it was a US holiday weekend sale the expired.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Hmmm. I just checked the new verizon offers and the buy one get one free didn't show up in one part and did in another with a lot of if's involved. This morning it was there and much more friendly. Wonder if it was a US holiday weekend sale the expired.
Probably....I bet if you call them or do an online chat, they'll still give it to you if you ask.

S5 tap'n

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Ohh this is good news!! I have a two hour drive home then I'll check my son's S5 and see if there is a treat waiting!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

xtor

Reaction score
By the time Verizon update the note 4 to marshmallow, a new operating system will be out..... peanut brittle maybe?

DV65