Verizon's Samsung Galaxy S5 Now Getting Android 5.0 Lollipop Rollout

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm not liking the way they changed the battery info. Before, it showed how long you were on the battery ex. 1d 4hrs 10 min etc. Now it shows how long you have left. They should have left it alone. Just saying..

Sent from my SM-G900V
I agree... Get GSAM battery monitor from play store.. Recommend highly..

Tap'd by Big 6

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
No profiles inside my settings app. Would it be under something else? What's new is advanced calling. Under accounts there are some new things.

Sent from my SM-G900V

The Verizon S5 was one of the first devices to receive advanced calling back in September, so that's not new with Lollipop. It was easy to miss in the settings before if you didn't know about it though.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I'm not liking the way they changed the battery info. Before, it showed how long you were on the battery ex. 1d 4hrs 10 min etc. Now it shows how long you have left. They should have left it alone. Just saying..

Sent from my SM-G900V
Thats a bummer. I don't like having to download a separate app to view that info. Over the years I've learned how much battery I have left by gauging my remaining battery percentage.
Deborah, can you tell us if the volume issue has been fixed on our version? Meaning: with your phone on, are you able to tap the volume down button and have it go completely silent, or does it stop on vibrate?

Also, when you get a chance can you please go into your "about phone" settings and tell us what OS version is listed? Just wondering if we got 5.0.1 or 5.0.2
Thanks!

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
For the ones that did receive it, can you move files and folders from the main drive to the external drive micro SD card, it is not allowed in KitKat.

deborah3756

Reaction score
cr6: yes I can tap the volume button till it goes silent. My Android version just says 5.0.

Sent from my SM-G900V

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
For the ones that did receive it, can you move files and folders from the main drive to the external drive micro SD card, it is not allowed in KitKat.
I thought this was fixed in 4.4.4? (or maybe its because I'm rooted, not sure) Good question @cybertech69!

deborah3756

Reaction score
No nothing about that. I haven't purchased a micro SD card as of yet.

Sent from my SM-G900V

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought this was fixed in 4.4.4? (or maybe its because I'm rooted, not sure) Good question @cybertech69!
It's because you are rooted, stock 4.4 will not let you do it, Samsung had a bit of a workaround so you can move some apps "not files" from the main drive to the micro SD card, reason was they had taken lot's of flak do to the OS and Samsungs build in apps where taking up too much of the initial storage, I still did not get the 16GB phones being sold in 2014, that seems to be changing as most if not all premium smartphones in 2015 will ship with 32GB as the starting point.

deborah3756

Reaction score
Is there any way to get rid of the white background in settings and notification drop down?

Over all. The system runs faster. My battery life is good, it was before, but it's still good. I like the way when I press an icon it snaps the app up like a shot. No major complaints so far. Just little naggy grumbles about little ugly things.

Sent from my SM-G900V

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yup. That "white" is also a part of Lollipop, or more specifically, Material Design. They definitely made some interesting choices with Material Design.

I don't mind it at all on my tablet. Waiting to see how I feel about it on the phone that I carry around every day though.

deborah3756

Reaction score
The "white" everywhere has been a major complaint across the board with lollipop. There is currently no way to change this unless you use a third party launcher.

S5 tap'n
I use Nova Launcher and it's still a white background. Well, just have to live with it. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G900V

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I use Nova Launcher and it's still a white background. Well, just have to live with it. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G900V
Nova Launcher only covers the homescreen. The settings and notification bar and etc are separate from the homescreen. Nova won't change the color in anything but your homescreens and your app drawer.