Verizon's Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Now Receiving Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon-samsung-galaxy-note-5-back-with-pen.jpg

The ever popular Samsung Galaxy Note 5 on Verizon's network will soon be dripping with marshmallowy goodness. Big Red started rolling out Android 6.0.1 in stages to that device. This is build MMB29K, and is software version VRU2BPB2.

The changelog on Verizon's landing page indicates several additional features beyond just the usual Marshmallow stuff: WiFi Calling, Google Now on Tap, Live Broadcast improvements, Doze, and several UI tweaks. If you head over to Settings>About Device>Software updates>Check for Updates, you might find it ready. Otherwise just patiently wait for it to push out to your phase of the rollout.

Please sound off and let us know when you get the update and tell us how you like it. Also, don't forget to check out our dedicated Samsung Galaxy Note 5 section for further discussion: Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Amagine

Reaction score
Hopefully this means that the S6 isn't too far behind.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wow Vzw beats att to an update. Thanks att for dragging your feet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I'm also excited about the Note 6. Curious if they (vzw) will actually push 6.0 to the Note 4

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm also excited about the Note 6. Curious if they (vzw) will actually push 6.0 to the Note 4

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
You'd have a better chance of catching a unicorn while hunting with a yeti in Atlantis.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Finally!!!

Downloading now.

And wow Verizon came through quick with this one. I had my money on April on that earliest lol

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Wow Vzw beats att to an update. Thanks att for dragging your feet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
That's now 3 major updates (KitKat/Lollipop/Marshmallow) Verizon has beat most, (if not all) US carrier's to the punch with OS updates.
Maybe folks will now stop saying "WTH bro, Verizon is always the last carrier to push out updates"! *grumble grumble grumble*

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
That's now 3 major updates (KitKat/Lollipop/Marshmallow) Verizon has beat most, (if not all) US carrier's to the punch with OS updates.
Maybe folks will now stop saying "WTH bro, Verizon is always the last carrier to push out updates"! *grumble grumble grumble*
ONLY if they keep this up... Years of let downs is going to take more than 3 devices being first to overcome.

Honestly that's like an saying, oh you've been in time for 3 days but late to work every day for the last 6 years? Prove you've actually changed.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk