Verizon's Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Gets Lollipop Rollout Starting Today

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Saved me so much work after I decided to let it just install everything I already had installed. It syncs what's on your device if you selected that when you set it up. It'll install all the apps you had or you can deselect some from the list, but like I said, deselecting didn't pan out for me.

Sent from my Note 4
I've used it in the past, so I'm very familiar with it. It just bogs the phone down while it's trying to install everything. Sometimes backup data that gets installed can be problematic as well. Starting over fresh on everything with major updates is the way to go for me. :)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Tapatalk won't do it but open an app and drag from either top corner diaganolly down. It will minimize. Makes multi tasking a breeze

Note 4Tified
Haha! That's not new friend. You could always do that.

Sent from my Note 4

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Now that I really look at it it's not as grayed as it used to be but the arrows under it are "dead" so it's not transmitting

Note 4Tified
Yeah, it's just maintaining a LTE connection for VoLTE (Advance Calling). It will do this whether you have it enabled or not.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I've used it in the past, so I'm very familiar with it. It just bogs the phone down while it's trying to install everything. Sometimes backup data that gets installed can be problematic as well. Starting over fresh on everything with major updates is the way to go for me. :)
I'd download a ton one by one anyway. I remember the days of making a list & then having to search for each one & install it again.

I do miss separate notifications about each app as it gets installed. It cluttered the notification panel, but you could dismiss those that didn't need attention & log in/setup the rest. Now, you have to go through the app drawer & find the ones that need setup.

Sent from my Note 4

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Haha! That's not new friend. You could always do that.

Sent from my Note 4
Mine didn't do it this way on kit kat...... also it gave me a pop up once lollipop installed much like it was a new feature.....

But I will say ever since I first got this phone it seemed like some features were missing or didn't work right... I'm thinking maybe a bad software install right from Samsung as now this thing is 10x faster than before. I had horrible lag in switching between apps... now it's instant.

Note 4Tified

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Mine didn't do it this way on kit kat...... also it gave me a pop up once lollipop installed much like it was a new feature.....

But I will say ever since I first got this phone it seemed like some features were missing or didn't work right... I'm thinking maybe a bad software install right from Samsung as now this thing is 10x faster than before. I had horrible lag in switching between apps... now it instant.

Note 4Tified
It was definitely supposed to be there. I've done it on accident many times using the phone one handed. Haha

But I've seen your posts & agree that you've had trouble. I also saw the screen explaining how to do it after this update.

Sent from my Note 4

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Yeah, it's just maintaining a LTE connection for VoLTE (Advance Calling). It will do this whether you have it enabled or not.
Excellent point. I hadn't even gotten that far in the thought process.... lol I'm still trying to get my head around the performance improvement

Note 4Tified

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
It was definitely supposed to be there. I've done it on accident many times using the phone one handed. Haha

But I've seen your posts & agree that you've had trouble. I also saw the screen explaining how to do it after this update.

Sent from my Note 4
I've done it many, many times by accident as well. Sometimes it's been more of an annoyance than a useful feature.

jhom

Reaction score
Has anyone had consistent success with smart lock? It doesn't seem to unlock for trusted places-home.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'm very impressed with this update so far. Time will tell if that continues, but so far I'm not experiencing any major issues. I'm very pleased, especially considering that I was anticipating a train wreck of an update.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I'm very impressed with this update so far. Time will tell if that continues, but so far I'm not experiencing any major issues. I'm very pleased, especially considering that I was anticipating a train wreck of an update.
I couldn't agree more. I'm even going to live on the edge for the weekend and not FDR lol

Note 4Tified