Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
WTF is wrong with T-mobile? How did Verizon get the OTA out first? According to T-Mobile's website their version is still in development and hasn't even started testing. =(
Since the S5, Verizon has pushed out the latest OTA before any other carrier. (It's a beautiful thing!)

S5 tap'n

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Be careful if you do the fdr. Mine messed up during the first 2 & I had to do it a third time to get it to install my apps. The other 2 times tweaked out while I was trying to deselect apps.

Sent from my Note 4

I'll definitely be doing a FDR. Just have to get some time where I can be without the phone for a short while. I never have it automatically install apps, so hopefully I won't run into that issue.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Since the S5, Verizon has pushed out the latest OTA before any other carrier. (It's a beautiful thing!)

S5 tap'n

That's really only been with the S5. I was hoping it would continue with the Note 4, but the Sprint and AT&T variants had Lollipop updates before Verizon's did.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'll definitely be doing a FDR. Just have to get some time where I can be without the phone for a short while. I never have it automatically install apps, so hopefully I won't run into that issue.
Saved me so much work after I decided to let it just install everything I already had installed. It syncs what's on your device if you selected that when you set it up. It'll install all the apps you had or you can deselect some from the list, but like I said, deselecting didn't pan out for me.

Sent from my Note 4

jhom

Reaction score
I've noticed that my 4glte is on while I'm using wifi. It used to be greyed out while using wifi. Any fix or is this the new normal?

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I've noticed that my 4glte is on while I'm using wifi. It used to be greyed out while using wifi. Any fix or is this the new normal?
There is a setting for download booster make sure that is off. That turns 4g and wifi on at same time. Some are reporting that getting turned on by itself

As for me I am LOVING this update. ALL the new options for notifications are superb. The new way to drag down all apps for multi tasking is awesome. My phone seems MUCH snappier now then it ever has.

I am going to hold off a few days and see about battery life before I FDR

Note 4Tified

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
There is a setting for download booster make sure that is off. That turns 4g and wifi on at same time. Some are reporting that getting turned on by itself

As for me I am LOVING this update. ALL the new options for notifications are superb. The new way to drag down all apps for multi tasking is awesome. My phone seems MUCH snappier now then it ever has.

Note 4Tified
New way to drag down apps...?

Sent from my Note 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
No. I guess it is the new normal with lollipop.
If the arrows aren't gray, you're using lte too.

Here's mine:
953afabea10051c57303b9eb34d7f2ae.jpg

Sent from my Note 4

jhom

Reaction score
So far

Note 4Tified
Download booster is off. Is your 4glte on or greyed while on wifi?