Verizon's Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Finally (no, really this time) Does Get Android 5.1.1

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
vzw-sgsn4-update-android-511-jan-2016.png

There have been so many false starts for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to get Android 5.1.1, it's hard to recount them all. Despite that, it's finally here as Verizon finally, finally, finally cleared it for takeoff. (We really mean it this time.)

According to Verizon, the software is version LMY47X.N910VVRU2BOK3, and is based on Android 5.1.1. It includes Android for Work, several security and bug fixes, and Samsung Knox upgrades. It also removes the Amazon App Store and Widgets from the device.

The OTA should be pushing out very soon (if it hasn't already). Now, you can start asking if/when Android 6/Marshmallow will come to the Note 4...

Be sure to drop by our dedicated Samsung Galaxy Note 4 section for further discussion: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Discussions | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: Verizon

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's beyond sad how slow the rollout is for updates on VZW. This is my last VZ direct purchase for a phone. Developer Editions, etc., only from now on. So pathetic.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
From what I am gathering this was a huge rush job to just push something out. I do believe it has far more AT&T code than anyone would think. It has multiple issues/bugs. I kind of wish I would have waited to upgrade. Unlike before now when the phone screen times out you get the lock screen tone, it says right in advanced wifi options the option to connect to AT&T hotspots. Wifi notification is back and can not be removed. So far no improvement in battery life for me. Hopefully the rumors of VZW already testing 6.0 are true. Otherwise I am going to make the mistake of giving vzw more money and getting a note 5.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I really thought Verizon had turned over a new leaf with updates after seeing how quickly they were pushed out on the S5. Despite the battery drain issues that popped up with 5.0, updates before and after on the S5 were pushed out before any other carrier.
Obviously the Note has a lot more features than the standard S series, so I can't help but wonder if that plays a role in getting more timely updates on this particular model.

S5 tap'n