Verizon's New Data Plans & Unlimited Grandfathered Reaffirmed in Training Doc Leak

Samsung167

Reaction score
Ok sooo

Alright right now i have a crappy phone LG Dare, I am waiting for the Samsung Galaxy S2 . it seems like now i need to get a smartphone to keep the unlimited data plan... I am just trying to figure out how i can get the 2 year contract deal i really don't want to pay full price for the galaxy s2 : X that will be like $730 i could build a computer for that price !

could i just get a smartphone now and trade it in or return it to get the galaxy s2 and keep the unlimited.......... any ideas

jseah

Reaction score
To drop a line without paying ETF, the line has to be cancelled within 14 days. Depending on the retailer, you may have a longer period where you can return the handset and get your money back.

Samsung167

Reaction score
ok soooo

It seems like the best thing is for me to do right now is to get a smartphone probably going to go with the Samsung Fascinate... then return that phone after 14 days.... hoping that the galaxy s2 is out by then if not get another one and then return it again........ keep doign that until it comes out : X... would that work?

bplewis24

Reaction score
I highly doubt it. Besides, after July 7th you won't be able to activate a new line with unlimited data anyway...so what would be the point?

Brandon

Samsung167

Reaction score
why not

Why nothing is changing only thing changing is the phone b/c you don't like it the contract can stay the same only thing is the phone.. i know someone now who does that all the time.. doesnt seem like they give him problems. all that you have to do is pay that $35 fee.

Beka27

Reaction score
You can only return and get a new phone once. They won't let you return phones repeatedly.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Samsung167

Reaction score
are you sure?

are you sure? i mean they arent losing anything i know someone who has done it atleast 2 times.. i mean they are mkaing profit off it so not sure why not. 35 each time.. plus once i get the Galaxy S2 it will cost more also

Samsung167

Reaction score
another question soo... when the data changes will the last day be July 6 or July 7 does it actually start on July 7 or July 8?

coyote_5

Reaction score
I'm with ATT now and just ordered two Palm Pixi Plus from Amazon. My understanding is that if I go take those and activate new lines for myself and my wife prior to 7/7 and go month to month, I'll be grandfathered in and can get a bionic on a 2yr agreement when it comes out and retain the unlimited data. Is that correct?

jseah

Reaction score
I'm with ATT now and just ordered two Palm Pixi Plus from Amazon. My understanding is that if I go take those and activate new lines for myself and my wife prior to 7/7 and go month to month, I'll be grandfathered in and can get a bionic on a 2yr agreement when it comes out and retain the unlimited data. Is that correct?

Yep. Just hope that Amazon ships you those phones soon. With Monday being a federal holiday, you've got a small window since you will need to have your account and service started before next Thursday.

coyote_5

Reaction score

Yep. Just hope that Amazon ships you those phones soon. With Monday being a federal holiday, you've got a small window since you will need to have your account and service started before next Thursday.

I'll have the phones on Saturday. Just wanted to make sure that moving from month to month to a 2yr plan won't screw up the unlimited data grandfathering.