Verizon's New Data Plans & Unlimited Grandfathered Reaffirmed in Training Doc Leak

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Beka27

Beka27 Active Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Haha... Apparently. What people don't realize is that once all the other companies are on data tiers, Sprint won't have any incentive to continue unlimited everything. They're going to (maybe?) get an influx of customers and then in 6 months, they'll change to tiers also. At which point all those people will either have to stick with Sprint and hope to get grandfathered, or leave and come back to Verizon. But wait... they gave up their unlimited when they left!

2. bplewis24

bplewis24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Exactly.

Brandon

3. huskur

huskur Senior Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Or Sprint uses "unlimited data" as a marketing tool to gain thousands of customers in the coming years and then once they have the customer base to bring in the revenue then they tier their data. IF Sprint plays their cards right it could be good for them in the long run being the only carrier with unlimited data

4. 305rev305

305rev305 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    You are comparing Porsche with Honda. Porsche sells a lot less of cars than Honda because they are more expensive BUT better quality. Verizon will charge more for a better coverage. Same income but less customers; hence a less overcrowded network. Believe me me, some people will pay for for the better network just like some will pay for the Porsche.

5. bplewis24

bplewis24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Except that Verizon has the Honda customer base and the Porsche network.

Brandon

6. loki993

loki993 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    From everything Ive seen, I havent seen anything that stated any differences, a smart phone is a smartphone. Also when I changed from my BB to Driod when I tried to do it online id did seem like it differentiated, but then I called to make sure, becasue I didnt want to lose the plan I was on. I talked to the agent and she said there wasnt a difference. Yes you do go from like blackberry data to whatever it says for other phones, but its not a plan change.

I just wish we would get phones like that sooner then 6 months later slightly refreshed when theyre outdated and about the release the next one.

I have and will continue to pay more for the better service. However there has to be a limit. There is a point where it become too much of a premium. Also there has to be laws of diminishing returns. Eventually the others will get better and start to close the gap.

7. jpd

jpd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Question, did at&t grandfather people in when they went to a tiered data plan?

8. bplewis24

bplewis24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Agree with you there. Here's to hoping the Bionic is worth purchasing, the SGSII comes out soon, or the Nexus 4G phone comes to Verizon. dancedroid

Brandon

9. jseah

jseah Active Member

Ratings:
    +25
    They did, and they allowed people to upgrade and keep their unlimited as well. It is just the people that AT&T accused of illegally tethering that lost their unlimited. They were automatically put onto the $25 2 GB plan plus the $20 tethering option that gave them an additional 2 GB for a total of 4 GB.

10. loki993

loki993 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Yeah me too, even though it doesnt really matter all that much to me. I just got my D2 to mess with until I find something good. Its still plenty of fun, so I can wait.

11. standard101

standard101 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess what I'm doing it equivalent to using a POP email in terms of traffic. That makes sense, thanks for the reply.

12. ScarletBuckeye

ScarletBuckeye Member

Ratings:
    +1
    pretty sure this was asked, but not sure if there's a definite answer..

Will I be able to upgrade to a 4G phone when it comes time to upgrade under this grandfathering?

13. volando

volando Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Nobody knows for sure, and Verizon (and most other companies) have screwed people with these promises before, but the consensus is that if you have a 3G/4G data plan on any non-bb, non-iphone smartphone now, then you will be set for 3G/4G for life.

14. macman4

macman4 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Any insight on Verzon, tiered family data plans. I have 5 smartphones on the family plan, all paying 29.99 each for unlimited data, but we only use less than 2 gig of data combined. Thats about $150 a month for less than 2 gigs of data. I would love for them to come out with family shared data plans, I believe I could save some $$$$$.

15. jseah

jseah Active Member

Ratings:
    +25
    Verizon has already said that they are planning on having family share data plans. My guess is word will come out shortly after the tiered data kicks in.

Search tags for this page
assumption of liability verizon unlomited dara
grandfathered $29.99 unlimited email and web data package
i have a verizion phone and my contracts expired so i need u
is it possible to split verizon wireless asumption of liabil

verizon assumption of liability

verizon grandfather unlimited data
verizon unlimited data grandfathered forever
verizon wireless 4g unlimited data grandfather
verizon's description of change of verizon business data pla
will verizon wave my 400 deposit jan 2014