Verizon's Motorola Droid DOES include MultiTouch and Pinch & Zoom

LilJayV10

Reaction score
Whats the difference between the free PicSay and the Pro version? I would like to have a pic browser to slide the pictures from left to right instead of pushing the arrows. Is there a setting on the gallery to do that?

Thanks. This is a sweet forum.

davidtaylorjr

Reaction score
Yeah I've been using the Dolphin Browser with multi-touch. I came from an iPhone so this works great comparatively! :motdroidvert:

m0nch1zzl3

Reaction score
Dont know if this as been asked before, but does anyone know if this will be implemented in the 2.1 update?

Dmoralize

Reaction score
It's not a part of Android 2.1, at least not here in the US. However, Motorola recently announced that they would be adding it to a majority of their devices. Whether that means it'll get added to existing devices like the droid or only into new devices is anyone's guess.

MRK

Reaction score
good find. but how do we get our browsers to do it???? Anybody

Reaction score
I tried the Dolphin Browser and, perhaps it is just me, but the browser toolbar seemed about a 1/4 inch thick for no reason. Couldn't figure how to make it disappear.

The pinch-zoon is neat, my Pre had that & it was great. Hopefully the Droid will gain this feature with updated builds.
:motdroidvert:

The photo editor that has the pinch-zoom is a good one. I have the pro version and it works great, lots of effects and filters. Just wish it would fix the redeye that the Moto Droid creates on virtually every inside picture.

andjarnic

Reaction score
@must_i_register (et all)...

Droid HAS multi-touch... it will never be "brought" to Droid..it's already here and has been from day one. Because multi-touch is new to 2.0+ devices (some earlier devices had it as well), you can expect a lot more apps using it. HOWEVER, it's not free. Developers have to write some code to handle it. Oddly enough, this is not handled for us developers for free.. we have to watch/catch the events coming in and figure out if a pinch, swipe, multi-tap, etc occurs. It will never just appear and work for any app currently however. They will have to update their apps for them to take on multi-touch.

There is presently a bug in the multi-touch code in Android however that has been reproducible on several devices in many multi-touch apps/games. I am guessing a 2.2 update will fix it, but not sure.

Reaction score
Droid HAS multi-touch... it will never be "brought" to Droid..it's already here and has been from day one. Because multi-touch is new to 2.0+ devices (some earlier devices had it as well), you can expect a lot more apps using it. HOWEVER, it's not free.

I suppose I should have clarified my question - will it ever be incorporated into the stock browser and other applications that run on the Droid. I like the interface of the stock browser and don't care for the big browser bar on the Dolphin one. :motdroidvert: While I know that it costs money, the slicker and better they make the Droid, the more they sell. (I live down the street from Motorola's South Florida campus and, believe me, they make money.)

The B&B paid photo gallery works great with the multi-touch btw. :hail:

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like the interface of the stock browser and don't care for the big browser bar on the Dolphin one. :motdroidvert:

Try xScope. It has multi-touch (both pinch and zoom and pin-zoom, which is better to me). Also has a clean (though admittedly basic) interface. But it should be skinned by tomorrow.