Verizon's Moto G Starts Tasting the Chocolatey KitKat

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
kitkat-for-vzw-motog.png

Software version software version 173.44.20.en.US is now rolling out to the Verizon Moto G. This is the chocolatey goodness of KitKat (Android 4.4.2) that users have been waiting for. As usual, this update will go out in waves, so if you haven't seen yours yet be patient. Of course, you can always try manually grabbing the update by tapping Touch Settings > About Phone > System Updates.

Sound off if you have received it yet.

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
Our Moto-G phones will arrive just in time for our 'grand departure' from Wisconsin!
I can't wait to see what version our devices will come with, but if 4.4.2 is a pain to work with some apps, I can only hope we have JB 4.3.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Our Moto-G phones will arrive just in time for our 'grand departure' from Wisconsin!
I can't wait to see what version our devices will come with, but if 4.4.2 is a pain to work with some apps, I can only hope we have JB 4.3.

JellyBean 4.3 seems to have more functionality than 4.4. If you do have 4.3, I would keep it, and not upgrade. I wish I could revert back to 4.3 on my MX, as it came with 4.4 when it was shipped.

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
@AECRADIO
We just took delivery of our Moto-G devices today, and they came with JB 4.3, which we'll keep.
4.3 appears to have a larger following than the latest release, and since we are familiar with it, it makes sense to stay where we are comfortable.
Now, I need to wipe out the Droid-X phones and put them for sale, along with the extra batteries and repair parts I have loaded up on.

We are finally stepping into the modern era...GO US!

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
@AECRADIO
We have our Moto-G phones, and later that same evening, I received the update notification, and since I have not gained root, I allowed the phones to update to 4.4.2.
The one thing I am upset about, even with the update, is the camera's colors are not pure. as the white balance is off, making even an LED light, appear to be blue.
I am going to ned totoy with the camera and check the other colors, for bloom and hue. So far, in natural sunlight, the colors aren't too bad.