Verizon's HTC One Hitting Store Shelves August 22nd for $200 On Contract

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
vzw-htc-one-aug22.jpg

Sometimes the phrase "better late than never" may not necessarily apply. Could the HTC One on Verizon be an example of this? We will leave that for you guys to decide. Regardless, the new device will now officially be available on Big Red on August 22nd for $199.99 on contract.

Verizon shared this tidbit via Twitter this morning: Twitter - Verizon HTC One Coming August 22nd

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Kinda undermines the theory that delays were due to making room for the Droid and Moto X. In fact the 22nd is almost a slap in the face to the other phones. ;)

EDIT: personally, the symbolic kick in the nards is that at Amazon, the corresponding prices are $120 (AT&T) and $100 (Sprint). Of course if you divide the extra $80 or $100 over 24 months (even 12) it doesn't look so bad. And to boot, the VZW One will be $100 within a few months too -- just not *at* VZW! LOL

-Matt

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I wonder what the specs are? Can't find anything on it.
Michael, thinking it might be different than the other carriers? I'd guess it's the same build other than the modified radio. I do wonder... Or did you just mean "how much storage space?"

-Matt

Malkavian

Reaction score
Michael, thinking it might be different than the other carriers? I'd guess it's the same build other than the modified radio. I do wonder... Or did you just mean "how much storage space?"

-Matt

You are correct sir. I mean 32gb knocked down to say 20gb due to operating system. This I got from a person that works for AT&T. Verizon OS might have some variance. Only leaves you 20gb for your stuff. No expansion. The 64gb would give you more room. What is amazing is they put these great screens on them but barely give you enough storage space for 1 or 2 movies to watch. I'm sure this by design so they can get you to use cloud services which cuts into your data plan and then they can get you for overages.

If VZ only carries the 32gb I wish they would allow you to remove some of the un-necessary apps. Do I really need an NFL app or a child's golf game, really? I'm now waiting on the flame throwers about the NFL app. We have people at where I work that do nothing but watch scores on their phone for most of the day. I have to much to do to watch scores.

Off my rant.
Michael

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
only thing is i know is it will have 4.2.2 instead of 4.1.2 like on all other US carriers.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this by design so they can get you to use cloud services which cuts into your data plan and then they can get you for overages.

No - huge overages are really bad for business. They don't want you paying overages, they WANT you to pay for a higher tier plan that matches your needs.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
No - huge overages are really bad for business. They don't want you paying overages, they WANT you to pay for a higher tier plan that matches your needs.

Actually, they want you to buy a big bucket of data and never use it. Just say'n....:biggrin:

recDNA

Reaction score
Actually, they want you to buy a big bucket of data and never use it. Just say'n....:biggrin:

In a way I do that with my unlimited. plan. I pay full price for phones to keep unlimited but rarely reach 4 gb a. month. One month I was around 9 for no apparent reason. Never did figure that out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

xtor

Reaction score
In a way I do that with my unlimited. plan. I pay full price for phones to keep unlimited but rarely reach 4 gb a. month. One month I was around 9 for no apparent reason. Never did figure that out.

If you got unlimited, might as well use it :)

ForumRunner_20130816_202314.png

sent from a note yee (2)

recDNA

Reaction score
What the heck do you do? Download 5 movies a day?

xtor

Reaction score
What the heck do you do? Download 5 movies a day?

I'm on DROID forums all the time, ps3 online games, netflix and it's our home internet, my wife uses about the same, one month last year I hit 120 gigs watching 10 years of star gate sg1 episodes on netflix, vzw has never said a word, I do pay the 30- for the hotspot.

sent from a note yee (2)

recDNA

Reaction score
Not long ago I called to add hotspot and they wouldn't let me do it without losing unlimited data. I was surprised when there are free alternatives. I thought I was being a good sport but no go so I'll use a playstore app or a rooted app.

xtor

Reaction score
Not long ago I called to add hotspot and they wouldn't let me do it without losing unlimited data. I was surprised when there are free alternatives. I thought I was being a good sport but no go so I'll use a playstore app or a rooted app.

That sucks, I use foxfi and so does the wife, she doesn't pay for hotspot,

sent from a note yee (2)

recDNA

Reaction score
I do too. Tried to give vzw my money and they're too stubborn to take it so (insert profanity here) them!