Verizons great employees LOL!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by lowfatdog, Jul 22, 2012.

1. jrmdroid

jrmdroid Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Issue is training on new phone/tablets coming out. Other issue is some do not want to learn about products they sell. These are the biggest issues in my opinion.

However, this is not everyone at vzw, some take the time to learn everything about new hot devices before they get them in the store. But these people are very few and far between.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

2. LoudRam

LoudRam Senior Member

Ratings:
    +146
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto X
    They are few and far between because they probably get fired for taking too long with a customer making sure they get the right phone for them and explaining it to them instead of selling them whatever gets the salesperson the biggest commission and kicking them out the door.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  3. skennelly

skennelly Active Member

Ratings:
    +29
    I had a vzw rep tell me that the Galaxy Nexus had different software than the rebound and S3. As opposed to explaining htc sence, touchwiz, and stock Android to her, I just smiled and nodded. I'll be damned if I'm going to train their reps for free. Especially since I have to pay a $30 UPGRADE FEE because of all the time these reps are going to have to take out of their day to teach me how to use my phone and try to tell me how important it is to use a task killer to save battery life. :rolleyes:

*Sent from my Galaxy to yours through tapatalk

4. Laur3nNewm4n

Laur3nNewm4n Member

Ratings:
    +5
    A lot of their phone know-how comes from the individual employee taking the time to read product literature and testing out the device. One of my friends is a Verizon Wireless CSR, and from time to time he posts statuses on Facebook about getting a new phone to try, or needing to read up on product offerings. Some employees, as with all jobs, will go above and beyond, some will do the required minimum, and some slack off. They should at least know the basic specs of each phone, what kind of software is running on it, and a few features that sets the phone apart, but it's hard to know the specific ins and outs of all the phones they sell at the store.

That's why I think the $30 upgrade fee is bull. I know more about my phone than the Verizon Wireless rep does (95% of the time), so I'm probably never going to call and ask for help, and they sure didn't help me decide to buy it - I already knew I wanted it.