Verizon's Galaxy Nexus software update will adjust signal strength indicator.

Discussion in 'Android News' started by cereal killer, Dec 22, 2011.

1. donutz

donutz New Member

Ratings:
    +1

At home I don't get battery drains or terrible signals (not great signals, but not terrible). So unless there's a rogue app that only runs when I'm at work, I've got no reason to blame anything but signal.

2. Big Ry

Big Ry Active Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Could be something with GPS or wifi, or it could be signal strength. I've just never had issues like you describe and I'm typically closer to the -120 dBm range in my apartment. But I suppose every phone could act different. I just wouldn't necessarily rule out apps so quickly, especially when the phones heating up.

3. sc0rch3d

sc0rch3d Member

Ratings:
    +6
    at work I get about -120dbm and home is about -75 dbm (houston, tx). if i'm at home over the weekend or out and about...i get easily 24+ hours of battery life. at work...i'll be lucky to make it through 8 hours before needing a charger. Recently, our company put in a "guest" WIFI network that allows non-corporate devices to get internet access. Now, i can easily make it through at least a whole day (~18 hours) in and out of work without the charger as long as i remember to connect when i get in the office.

the point to my story - it appears the "obsessive nature" of VZW phones (and cdma technology) needing data connection is the culprit to the battery drain. my coworkers on ATT never have battery issues in my building.

4. Josefius

Josefius Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Will we get the other fixes that are with 4.0.4? Cause this sort of reads "Update will only change signal strength bar". :)

Search tags for this page
-95 dbm 45 asu
4g indicator on galaxy s3 after verizon update
galaxy centura why i have 3g but no signal strength

galaxy nexus antenna fix

galaxy nexus signal strength fix
how to see dbm's on the nokia lumia 928
signal strength meter for lte

verizon galaxy nexus antenna fix

verizon galaxy nexus signal fix

verizon signal strength in charlottesville va