Verizon's Galaxy Nexus Press Shot

Jonas

Reaction score
Pretty much this. 95% of people I know won't even buy a phone from VZW online bc they don't want to deal with the hassle of being home to sign for a pack, potential backorders, etc. Older people will pay more for the convenience of going into a store and seeing something hands on and getting it 5 minutes later because it's worth it to them.

Lmao! My parents aren't even 50 yet. I don't think it has anything to do with back order and signing for packacges. I think its too much info, and to most people, its just a phone. I think this website only shows the top 5% of android users. The rest could just as likely own an iPhone.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I think most people buy phones like my parents do. They decide they hate their current phone, go storming into verizon, and whatever the sales rep points them at they go ahead and buy it. I think that 80% of phone users don't even care what a nexus is or what it does. I think they just want a cool phone that makes calls. Of course I may be wrong, but that's what I have seen.

I think its even higher than that.... developers/rom fiends care as well as the ppl that are looking for the next best phone.... which is a very tiny community... nexus isn't a mainstream name and is new to most verizon customers so I don't see it being a hot seller

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Heywood

Reaction score
My wife and I are 'old people' and 'parents'...;) these asumptions about what is considered convenient is hogwash you whippersnappers. We don't step foot in a VZW store unless its a last resort. We certainly don't purchase anything just to get it over with. Convenience for us means research, comparison, and then online ordering.

I do agree wholeheartedly that a majority of people just don't care what smartphones are capable of.